Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old July 11, 2015   #1
encore
Tomatovillian™

Default worry or not

should I be worried about this or not? on a couple of my plants, the plants are in 6 gal buckets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (127.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (122.9 KB, 47 views)
encore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2015   #2
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Could be nutrient (N) deficiency, could be start of early blight. My guess is the latter. I know a lot of people do apply preventative anti-fungal--so that may be something you consider. Although if you're in southern WI, looks like it will rain this afternoon, so might want to wait until tomorrow. I'm sure others will also offer advice. Also, I wouldn't freak out and worry too much either.

Last edited by jmsieglaff; July 11, 2015 at 01:31 PM.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2015   #3
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
Could be nutrient (N) deficiency, could be start of early blight. My guess is the latter. I know a lot of people do apply preventative anti-fungal--so that may be something you consider. Although if you're in southern WI, looks like it will rain this afternoon, so might want to wait until tomorrow. I'm sure others will also offer advice. Also, I wouldn't freak out and worry too much either.
I agree, could be either but leaning toward the latter.
My favorite is weakest strength liquid copper spray because it is both antifungal and antibacterial, and considered organic. OMRI listed as an approved spray.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote