Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 16, 2007   #1
maryinoregon
Tomatovillian™

Default starting old seeds question

I haven't been able to get here very often. Missed you guys.

Craig, I'm trying to start some old seeds from one of your gardenweb seed offers. I put them in some seed starting medium beginning of February after soaking for several days. Not one has popped up yet, much to my dismay. I've done fairly well with your old seeds as you know. I'm not really sure what I can do now. They need to get up and running soon if they are to stand a chance here. They have been on a heat mat, watered when necessary and there are lights overhead. The lights are there because flats of newer seeds are nearby and have already sprouted. I have a new greenhouse set-up, and we have been fortunate to have more sun recently. Have been thinking I would put the old seeds out there and see what happens. It can get mighty toasty in there on a sunny day.

Do you have any ideas? I was thinking it might be time to make some compost tea, or use dilute fert of some sort on them.

By the way, this is in response to your post asking newbies to ask a question or two. Not exactly a newbie, but here I am anyway. And anyone is certainly invited to respond if you have an idea or three.

maryinpnw
maryinoregon is offline   Reply With Quote