Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 5, 2017   #76
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Don't feel bad, Spike! It wasn't anything you did or didn't do. Sorry all your work went for nothing, but you get mucho credit for trying!

I'm sure dmforcier is right, all the ones I saw before have been removed. I suspect they just didn't like the direct link to Tville.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2017   #77
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Well, it's not like TV wouldn't do the same thing...

But it would be nice to have a bigger trade pool.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2017   #78
Spike2
Tomatovillian™

Well . . . being the little rebel that I am >,< . . . there has to be away around this. Maybe if my post title was: "Wanna Trade?" That might get by them and then I could say if they were interested to PM me? And I could send info that way in a PM? What is the worst that could happen? They block me. oh boo hoo hand me a tissue and stuff.
Spike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2017   #79
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
Well, it's not like TV wouldn't do the same thing...

But it would be nice to have a bigger trade pool.
T'ville hasn't done the same thing. I've mentioned Gardenweb each year for many years, here, with no problems.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2017   #80
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

No, I mean there are rules here about pimping other sites on TV. And yes, members have been banned for violating that rule. But let's not get into it.

- Will Rogers

Old September 6, 2017   #81
TessSR
Tomatovillian™

Is this a swap? How does this works?
TessSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2017   #82
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike2 View Post
Well . . . being the little rebel that I am >,< . . . there has to be away around this. Maybe if my post title was: "Wanna Trade?" That might get by them and then I could say if they were interested to PM me? And I could send info that way in a PM? What is the worst that could happen? They block me. oh boo hoo hand me a tissue and stuff.

Someone did that very thing here and ended up with members reporting them when they discovered the ruse through PMs, and they were booted for violating the rules. I don't know all the details, but it seemed the other forum may have been using them as a pawn, and they were eventually allowed back.

If they have the same rules as T'ville, make sure you're okay with them tossing you out before going that route. And also make sure it's something you choose to do on your own so that you don't raise suspicions that anyone here "put you up to it."
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2017   #83
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
Someone did that very thing here and ended up with members reporting them when they discovered the ruse through PMs, and they were booted for violating the rules. I don't know all the details, but it seemed the other forum may have been using them as a pawn, and they were eventually allowed back.

If they have the same rules as T'ville, make sure you're okay with them tossing you out before going that route. And also make sure it's something you choose to do on your own so that you don't raise suspicions that anyone here "put you up to it."
I know exactly who it was - they are on my friend's list. It was a complete misunderstanding, but yes, they did get played like a pawn and it was wrong. Craig did understand.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2017   #84
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

The post above (#83) isn't why I clicked on this thread. I did finally get out of the house today after weeks. I did not find any MG or seed starting mixes at Walmart - they're emptying shelves for holidays/Christmas stuff out in the garden center. I'll send in the seeds that germinated 5-out-of-12. The variety shouldn't be compared to your favorite pink-when-ripe in taste, but it's one you won't forget growing (In a good way).

Gary, I wanted to send in seeds for those you were hoping for, but my gardening diseases situation did not agree. I got 0% germination on the few that did produce.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2017   #85
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I know exactly who it was - they are on my friend's list. It was a complete misunderstanding, but yes, they did get played like a pawn and it was wrong. Craig did understand.
They're on my friends list too, and it wasn't a play or a ruse - she was trying to be helpful. It was a misunderstanding, but rules is rules, and reciprocity is to be expected (in the case of other sites).

Spike2 is on my friends list. She has a good heart.

- Will Rogers

Old September 7, 2017   #86
Spike2
Tomatovillian™

Father'sDaughter brings up a very good point! I will do nothing that is going to give Tville a black eye.

dmforcier thank you! <3 and huge hugs!!
Old September 7, 2017   #87
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Father'sDaughter brings up a very good point! I will do nothing that is going to give Tville a black eye.

You might have ended up with a black eye as well which I would have hated to see. Your heart's in the right place, as was the other person's, but the rules are the rules.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2017   #88
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:

What ever you're "doing" is working, got the first email from a G'Webber.
Old September 8, 2017   #89
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessSR View Post
Is this a swap? How does this works?

It's a swap. And, it works how you want it to work. I'm just the chief enabler...uhmm, host.

There are old threads, from past years, if you have oodles of time to read.
Old September 8, 2017   #90
Spike2
Tomatovillian™

Hey Tormato, is it to soon to mail stuff in to you? I almost have my package ready to go!! *pats self on back*