Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 9, 2017   #46
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

I am y'alls enabler, lol.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2017   #47
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingCoastal View Post
Ever notice how the addicts hang out together?
Now there's an idea. Mischka should start a new site co-dependencyville.com, with sections covering the variety of addictions: vegetables, ciggies, coke, Coke, sweets, etc. With ads. He could become rich.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

Last edited by dmforcier; June 9, 2017 at 12:35 PM.
dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2017   #48
tarheelchick
Tomatovillian™

If your friend's eyes start to roll back in their heads when you start talking about growing tomatoes, then you're a tomatoholic.

Hi Spike, my name is tarheelchick and I'm a tomatoholic.
tarheelchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2017   #49
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

[Chorus:] "Hello, tarheelchick."

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2017   #50
shule1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanheirlooms View Post
I totally deny I am a tomatoholic! When I moved to my house 9 years ago, I did plant about 12 tomato plants. My family liked my tomatoes, so the next year, I planted about 30, but it was only to make my relationship with my family better. The next year, I discovered heirlooms and had to make sure my family was happy and I added some more plants to my garden to see what I was missing. After a good year and happy family, I saw so many cool varieties, I had to expand my garden to 100+ plants, but the varmits were getting many of my tomatoes, so the next year I had to plant more tomatoes to help offset what the varmits got. After seeing the benefits of taking up more of my back field and realizing that it was an area that I now didn't have to mow, I expanded my garden further and added another 100+ plants. Then, I found someone who actually sold heirloom tomatoes, I sold some to them and realized I needed more plants to make it worth while, so I eventually ended up with 350+ plants this year. I had very good reasons to get to the point where I am now and do not have a problem!
That's one pretty cool thing about indeterminate tomatoes, muskmelons and tomatillos. They smother the weeds, and everything else. I put my tomatoes and tomatillos next to our neighbors' chainlink fence with morning glory, grass, lambsquarter, etc. on it, this year.

Last edited by shule1; June 9, 2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old June 11, 2017   #51
Jonnyhat
Tomatovillian™

i went fro m 20 to 50 to 137 in 3 years... enablers.
Jonnyhat is offline   Reply With Quote