Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 13, 2018   #1
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Default 2018-19 Grafting

I have already started grafting for this season. I grafted about two dozen plants yesterday to the RST-04-106-T root stock. I will be grafting pretty often for the next few months hoping for high success rates but I will be happy with anything over 50% with each batch I do. I forgot to order some more root stock varieties but will try to do that this week to use later in the season. I have had generally great results the last couple of years using mostly the RST-04-106-T root stock with its triple fusarium resistance along with nematode and Bacterial wilt resistance. Not all varieties perform great when grafted to this root stock but most do very well and it is a real benefit not having to worry with those stubborn soil born issues so prevalent here in lower Alabama. I just wish there was a way to beat the air born and insect born problems. I will know in about two weeks how many of my grafts were successful and will post the results.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote