Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Old August 20, 2011   #1
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Default Cucurbit yellow stunting disorder

I think my Armenians and lemon cucumbers have been afflicted by CYSD this year. This is a new disorder which came up through Mexico and spread into AZ a few years ago. I noticed some symptoms of chloriosis. I had just a few whiteflies earlier in the summer. I've had only a handful of cucumbers all summer. My zuchinni seemed to have gotten it towards the end, right before I pulled them, as well.
Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows anything about this disorder, besides the little bit I can find from one article online? I'm getting ready to plant a long row of pickling cukes this week, as well as some zuchinni and summer squash for my fall garden. Obviously, I need to spray with something to keep the whiteflies down. I'll pull my last remaining Armenians when these plants germinate.
Any other recommendations?
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote