Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 5, 2007   #31
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

If you want a company to take your seriously, spend the money on a stamp and an envelope. They don't expect people to contact them by snail mail anymore.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2007   #32
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I have sent emails to many companies asking many questions about many things.
I have yet to receive anything from any of them.
These were Emails sent to the Email address the said to send to for more information too.
And that is AFTER I looked at the FAQ like they said to do.
I think they go strait to junk Email and never get read.

One shotgun manufacture lost my business because of this.

Worth
I filled out a "Comments" form online about a McDonald's I had a problem with and the manager called me the next day... also sent me free meal coupon... this all due to my local McD's "being out of" a $1 sundae.
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2007   #33
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Good tip korney!!!! I'm always going in just for ice cream, and frequently get "the ice cream machine is not working." V. irritating when you're craving something!

Sorry to be so off topic. . . but it's actually relevant. . . now knowing that all my maters have termites, I'm gonna go eat a whole CARTON of it!!!! (ice cream, that is)
hasshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2007   #34
Earl
Tomatovillian™

hasshoes,
At Walmart, the composted cow manure and composted peat humus is always [outside] with the bricks, pavers and stuff. You have to tell the cashier what you want. If you're lucky, someone will be there to load it for you, if not, then load two extra bags for having to do it yourself.
Old June 6, 2007   #35
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
hasshoes,
At Walmart, the composted cow manure and composted peat humus is always [outside] with the bricks, pavers and stuff. You have to tell the cashier what you want. If you're lucky, someone will be there to load it for you, if not, then load two extra bags for having to do it yourself.
YES, I should have mentioned that [about them being OUTSIDE, not the extra bags which I never thought of...lol.]

My local WalMart 5 minutes away the humus & manure pallets outside were empty by Memorial Day, I had to drive to a "super" Walmart about 10 miles but they still had a couple pallets full of manure and a small amount of peat humus left. I bought 8 bags of the manure. I think they were around $1.64 each.

The manure looks a little suspect. I only opened 1 bag so far but was a little surprised at what I saw... looked like a bagged topsoil, plus some stones & rocks for free. The label said it was 1-1-1.

This was quite different from the 1-1-1 "dehydrated manure" at Kmart that costed over twice as much in a larger bag.

I wonder if these companies ever get checked out for their "Guaranteed Analysis" labels... maybe it's just clear sailing for them once they get the label on the package!
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2007   #36
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

The only bagged composted manure I will buy is "Black Kow". It's $4.50 a bag and running your fingers through it, it's like black gold.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2007   #37
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Feldon, I used to get Black Kow down in Georgia, but I can't find it here in Ohio. BTW, I was wrong saying Roma IIs don't have runners, must have been thinking about Butter Peas or something. :-)
Old June 7, 2007   #38
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

The whole disaster plants grew really well at first, but now they're super droopy (and not wilting. . . I mean harcore drooping. . . almost curling down and under and back to the stem like and unfinished "P")

Is this from too much Neem and Serenade, too much rain, or too much/ not enough lime? Or just some kind of kooties? :-0

Thanks again :0)

Last edited by hasshoes; June 7, 2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling oops!
hasshoes is offline   Reply With Quote