Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!

Old 2 Hours Ago   #4996
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
SERIOUSLY? 19 cents (huh, remember the "cents" sign? My keyboard doesn't even have one!) a serving!?!? I take it then it is not sold in single serving sizes, lol. I will have to try to remember to look and see what a package of them costs in my grocery store. They sell them by the case in Costco, and I would certainly not pay for a case of something I have never tried. Are there different flavors? If so, is any one a run away favorite?
There is a hidden cent sign. Press and hold the ALT key and type the number 0162 to make a cent symbol. When you release the ALT the cent sign will be there.
Old 2 Hours Ago   #4997
imp
Tomatovillian™

¢

works! Smart cookie, you are, MissS!
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Hours Ago   #4998
Spike2
Tomatovillian™

¢ OMG WOO!!! I have NO use for this but HOW COOL!
Spike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Hours Ago   #4999
oakley
Tomatovillian™

On a Mac it is 'opt 4' = ¢
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Hours Ago   #5000
imp
Tomatovillian™

Mostly around here, you can go to Walmart and get ramen for 10¢ per pack, across all the "flavors". I usually keep a case of it as a standby for a quick thing. Not super healthy, because of the sodium, but usually load it up with thin cuts of vegetables and end up with 3 portions - all those vegetables and meat. Mostly I buy the "chicken" flavor as it is pretty neutral and for me, tastes okay with doctoring - a dab of butter and all the add ins.

Often, instead of just the pork and green onions, there will be thinly cut carrot, celery, bean sprouts if I can get them, cilantro and /or parsley, thin shavings of onion, different sweet peppers, corn, green beans green or wax type cut thin to cook quick with the noodles. Shreds of greens work well, too. Whatever you have on hand - even bits of already cooked sweet potato are good; the sweet potato breaks down, but coats the noodles a bit.

If making as a soup instead of a noodle dish, I use my own stock . For me, the noodle pack is a starting point, often.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote