Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 28, 2017   #46
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
Okay, what the heck are "korova edibles"?
Top-shelf edibles, cookies, etc.

Last edited by Gerardo; January 28, 2017 at 09:53 PM.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #47
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

This thread keeps making me think of a song by Dash Rip Rock.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #48
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Shaw View Post
On good authority, the Zig-Zag man has a tattoo of Gerardo on his arm.
Um hm. I'm starting to appreciate your point.

Might be time to buy stock in Zig-Zag.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #49
imp
Tomatovillian™

Since Rob is no longer able to prosecuted, I can post this.

Smoking a puff or two helped him a LOT, both with managing the pain and easing his terrible nausea. He did this maybe once a day, and it was worth the risk to be able to see him relax just a bit as his nausea receded.

And, as a young person who was raised in northern California, LOL, there are huge differences in strains, and the effects of each. That affects how much you cooked with or smoked at a time. Never in my own knowledge, unless it was violence from the illegal aspect or laced with another drug, did I know of anyone being violent "on pot" - maybe some Twinkies or Doritos were consumed before paying for an empty bag at checkout, though <grin>.

I am in favor of legalizing it across the board- both due to personal knowledge and the fact it would remove one block of violent cartels type income, like the situation of banning then legalizing alcohol again.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #50
pmcgrady
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Rumor has it that if Chicago doesn't clean their act up the Feds are coming in to do it for them.
Feds what Feds?
The Marines.
The FBI?
Some other group.
What will they do?
Martial law?

Very curious to see how that will play out.

Worth
Martial Law is Chicago's only hope...
pmcgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #51
pmcgrady
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
Top-shelf edibles, cookies, etc.
Sign me up
pmcgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #52
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Imp, I am very glad that Rob got some relief he needed.

I am in favor of legalizing it to the point of growing as much as you want. Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug when abused.

This is coming from someone who does not partake in MJ. I do drink alcohol though.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #53
imp
Tomatovillian™

It helped, really quite a bit so no matter what, I was in favor of it for him.

Besides, it's also a great remediation plant!!!! LOL.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #54
Tropicalgrower
Tomatovillian™

Recent findings on cannabis smoking show some protective benefit against lung cancer.Also studies are indicating that for most people there may actually be some improvement in lung capacity. (probably funded in part by Michael Phelps )

It is a lot easier to get the correct dose when smoking.When used as an edible,it is advised to start out very small and work up...keeping in mind that it can take up to 2 hours to take effect.

http://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20120...roblems?page=2

https://mic.com/articles/108700/ther...ers#.Ffbs4dACi

In Oregon the law allows for 4 plants per household.Growing can be done outdoors as well,as long as they are out of public view.

It's the law you know.

Use it or lose it people.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some medical findings coming out over the next few years that will blow peoples minds.
Old January 29, 2017   #55
jtjmartin
Tomatovillian™

Another good side effect of U.S. marijuana cultivation: lower prices on equipment!

We had a local garden show yesterday. A local hydro-farm gave an excellent talk on how they grow their greens year round. They credited marijuana growers for making it possible to afford the lighting and "hydro stuff" they use.

Being more libertarian, I would not mind marijuana being legalized. In Virginia, it will be amazing if it's simply de-criminalized. Simple possession in VA, can still be our highest misdemeanor with a year in jail and $2500 fine (though no one is ever sentenced to anything close.)

OTOH, there has to be some link between brain cell numbers and dedicated pot use! The cops I work with often comment that the dedicated pot users are some of the nicest people they encounter: not only do they claim the pot is theirs; they usually tell the officers what grade it is and then they offer to share some. Very kind and considerate!

Jeff
jtjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #56
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Most not all but most of the police I have known just enforce the pot law they dont agree with it.
Some just want to bust people on anything, they get their kicks this way and the reason they are police.
They are on a power trip.
Some I have known if you dont make an a$$ of yourself will not even notice they see it dont want to see it or tell you to hide it better.
With all of the body cams and so on this last one is hard for the police to do now days.

One bit of advice for anyone.
DO NOT put that stuff in your vehicle.
If it is on the outside of it or in the bed of your truck, you might just might get away with it as long as it isn't a bale of it or something.
Your defense would be you had no idea it was there and you cant control who just might toss it in your truck.
I would if I were you go to extremes to put it in the smelliest rotten bag of garbage I could find or even dirty baby diapers.
Keep clean and dont advertise stuff like NORMAL on you car it is a dead giveaway.
It might be your right but it is a signal for the police to look closer if they want.
Pot leaf tee shirts and hats must go too.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #57
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Most not all but most of the police I have known just enforce the pot law they dont agree with it.
Some just want to bust people on anything, they get their kicks this way and the reason they are police.
They are on a power trip.
Some I have known if you dont make an a$$ of yourself will not even notice they see it dont want to see it or tell you to hide it better.
With all of the body cams and so on this last one is hard for the police to do now days.

One bit of advice for anyone.
DO NOT put that stuff in your vehicle.
If it is on the outside of it or in the bed of your truck, you might just might get away with it as long as it isn't a bale of it or something.
Your defense would be you had no idea it was there and you cant control who just might toss it in your truck.
I would if I were you go to extremes to put it in the smelliest rotten bag of garbage I could find or even dirty baby diapers.
Keep clean and dont advertise stuff like NORMAL on you car it is a dead giveaway.
It might be your right but it is a signal for the police to look closer if they want.
Pot leaf tee shirts and hats must go too.

Worth
I'm gonna send you a Malverde sticker or bust for your truck Worth.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #58
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
I'm gonna send you a Malverde sticker or bust for your truck Worth.
The cops here would have no idea who he was or is.

Viva Jesus Malverde.
Worth

Last edited by Worth1; January 29, 2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old January 29, 2017   #59
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

My brother is a fully legal, lic grower in OR and has been for years. He writes for one of the magazines, books, etc. switched to fully organic years ago. I think he still develops various strains, I know he used to. I haven't smoked since I was a kid. Should try it again one of these days. Legal now in CA, now sure what that means really.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #60
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

It means you wont get thrown in jail with thieves killers father rapers and baby molesters for smoking a joint.

worth