Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 21, 2017   #29
zipcode
Tomatovillian™

I almost forgot about the eastern favourite called Prekos. It's an F1 from Bulgaria. It is truly early, like really surprisingly early and the taste is really good. I have no doubt there is no other tomato that combines earliness with taste so well. Size is not small, slightly pointed, roundish, 100-200 grams, beautiful pink-ish interior.
Not sure why it hasn't caught on in other parts, maybe because of that f1 tag. It is really inexpensive however, probably just no western seed vendors saw any need to bring it in their catalogues.
If anyone wants seeds you can probably contact one of the easter countries vendors (like Romania) to see if they want to ship in other countries. 1 gram is like 2 euro, so a ton of seeds for almost nothing. I also saw one uk seller on ebay selling them in packs, with shipping only to uk, but probably could be convinced to ship out.
It's a must try really, especially for a small commercial grower.
zipcode is offline   Reply With Quote