Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Old April 9, 2018   #16
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumbomaha View Post
Good luck on finding free help,

- Lisa
Lisa thank you for the input on the AG Students. Thats very helpful. But I did want to address the "Free Help" issue. I think there is a misunderstanding. Im interested in offering a "Work Share". To help clear this up I am copying and pasting from a Farm that uses this. I have removed the name of the farm and have highlighted the relevant parts.Hopefully this clears it up...

Quote:
Volunteer Work

Because this a community farm that depends on volunteer labor to keep up with the chores and harvesting, and because we want our members to get involved, we encourage share-holders to volunteer in the growing season. Additionally, a limited number of work-share opportunities allow members to trade 5 hours of labor weekly (harvesting) for those who have more time than money and want to pay for a CSA share in “sweat equity”. There are a limited number of work-share positions so please contact Farm Manager....
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2018   #17
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Convenient timing! I just ran across this info in Mother Earth News. A site to connect farmers with wannabe farmers.

http://www.eagerfarmer.com/
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2018   #18
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsacharley View Post
Convenient timing! I just ran across this info in Mother Earth News. A site to connect farmers with wannabe farmers.

http://www.eagerfarmer.com/
Thank you kind sir!!

I just came in for lunch, and saw this. Havent even read the details yet, but will while having my salad.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote