Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old April 3, 2011   #46
kath
Tomatovillian™

I'll be looking forward to all of your reviews, Ray, including those of the other Thrive products.

By the way, it made me smile to hear about your newest tomato acquisitions and 'tainer purchases.

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2011   #47
Indyartist
Tomatovillian™

I received my "super sized" free sample yesterday. I'm looking forward to using it, I'll plant my 9 WOW's in the next few hours, so I'll have good reason and opportunity.

P.S. Kath, two of the nine plants in the WOW's will be "Aunt Gertie's Gold" from seeds you generously sent SASE.
“Men should stop fighting among themselves and start fighting insects”
Luther Burbank
Indyartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2011   #48
husker nana
Tomatovillian™

I received my super sized sample of Tomato Thrive today. They also included a packet of flower seeds.

Thank you Ray for posting the offer for us. A big thank you to Thrive if they are viewing the site.

I know that I'm off to a great season already thanks to the members here for all the new tomato seeds that are new to me and all the information I'm finding on the site to grow big and healthy plants.
husker nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2011   #49
Duh_Vinci
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for heads up on this product, got the full size sampler today as well.

To my pleasant surprise, my favorite local nursery where I get most of my supplies from, now carry many organic additions and supplements, including Alpha BioSystems products as well, and said they are working with few other companies to provide additional natural products and supplements as well.

Regards,
D
Duh_Vinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2011   #50
Timbotide
Tomatovillian™

I too received a rather large sample of Tomato Thrive.
A big thank you to Mr. Galliher for letting us try the product.
Timbotide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2011   #51
Wargamer777
Tomatovillian™

Same here... full size product. Thanks!

I plan on giving it a try against some of my other trials this year.

Dr. Earth in some Earthtainers
BiotaMax/MycoGrow in the ground and Earthtainers

and now THRIVE... maybe on some plants in a few other Earthtainers and in a spot I can find to plant more tomatoes in the ground.
Wargamer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2011   #52
Verdant_lotus
Tomatovillian™

Just got mine today, around 2 weeks after requesting. 2 sample packs. Added it to my seedlings, we'll see how it works.
Verdant_lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011   #53
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

Been using my Tomato Thrive up sized sample and can honestly say it seems like a good product. Have used it on peppers, tomatoes, and on some summer squash, Zucchini, and cucumber seedlings. While I am not trying to do any side by side grow outs comparing the various products I will say that my tray of summer squash, Zucchini, and cucumber seedlings look better than any I have started before. I am also using a new complete fertilizer that is designed for hydroponics so will be fair and say that product could also be the contributing factor. So I will rate the Tomato Thrive product as outlook is positive and will wait and see if my views of it will change or not.
Old May 26, 2011   #54
jdmfish
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepheninky View Post
I am also using a new complete fertilizer that is designed for hydroponics so will be fair and say that product could also be the contributing factor.
Just requested my sample as well, today. I hope they're still sending them out. I noticed when I submitted my info, it said it was open until the end of next month. Hope I get some to try.

Stephen, which fertilizer(s) are you using, that are designed for hydroponics?
jdmfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011   #55
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmfish View Post
Just requested my sample as well, today. I hope they're still sending them out. I noticed when I submitted my info, it said it was open until the end of next month. Hope I get some to try.

Stephen, which fertilizer(s) are you using, that are designed for hydroponics?
Here is the link for it http://www.thehydrosource.com/Nutrie...qmtq1i52aij4a5

I been using the 15 - 5 -15 NPK but I am pretty sure they are either mixing it or getting it already mixed from Southern Ag. That is what a lot of the hydro places do for their generic. I been meaning to contact them directly to get a price and a minimum order amount. I think they package theirs in 50lb bags. If its cheap enough and I do not have to buy a ton of it I may go that route. (Not sure they sell to the public though so who knows)

You can also use MG and molasses for in ground or container plants and have a complete fert too. Only thing that would be missing that comes to mind is boron, copper, and zinc. Not sure on those three but they are very trace elements so probably would not be an issue anyways.

I already have one hydro unit that takes 25 gallons to fill, I have tried the MG + molasses in the hydro and the plants do fine but do not recommend it cause it clogs everything up. So for hydro or drip irrigation I would recommend the hydro nutrients.
Old May 27, 2011   #56
jdmfish
Tomatovillian™

Quote:

I already have one hydro unit that takes 25 gallons to fill, I have tried the MG + molasses in the hydro and the plants do fine but do not recommend it cause it clogs everything up. So for hydro or drip irrigation I would recommend the hydro nutrients.

Must be a big unit. Is it a Ebb&Flow setup of some kind (table(s) or buckets)?
Old May 27, 2011   #57
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmfish View Post
Must be a big unit. Is it a Ebb&Flow setup of some kind (table(s) or buckets)?
Do not want to hijack the thread so answered your question and give some info on the unit here: http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...930#post215930
Old May 27, 2011   #58
jdmfish
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Do not want to hijack the thread so answered your question and give some info on the unit here: http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...930#post215930
Ah, thanks. And sorry to the OP for going "off topic". My bad.
Old June 9, 2011   #59
jdmfish
Tomatovillian™

Received the samples today - though I didn't receive a big 16oz bottle. But I did get a few packets that are concentrated for 1.5 gallons. The note that was included said they "upgraded" my sample size to bottle, but my guess is they ran out of 16oz sample bottles to send out. That's ok.

Nevertheless, I wasn't expecting anything, and very thrilled to receive anything.

Thanks again Biosystems!!