Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old June 3, 2015   #16
peebee
Tomatovillian™

Here are some pics from my home garden, the left is showing an untreated bed with 3 sparse plants, the middle and right are from a treated bed. As you can see, in pic#2, the plant is so large it is growing over the Texas Cage, and the same bed taken from another angle is #3. I've had to yank one of the plants in #1 since this photo was taken, as I found spider mites on it and I knew it was a matter of time before they spread to the other plants . So far, no sign of the mites in my treated bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg home #1.jpg (41.2 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg home#2.jpg (57.1 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg home#3.jpg (55.6 KB, 102 views)
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2015   #17
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Peebee, in pic 3 I see an arch. I can imagine so many things growing on that arch. Morning Glories and Moonflower would be two I would plant on it. Or a decorative climbing squash maybe. Or a perennial orange trumpet vine perhaps.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2015   #18
dokutaaguriin
Tomatovillian™

Looks great!
Jeff
dokutaaguriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2015   #19
peebee
Tomatovillian™

Alittlesalt, that arch was used to protect several large pots of blueberries underneath it; we stretched bird netting over it and it worked great. The berries are gone now, so I am thinking of growing some more cucumbers over both sides. I can never have enough cukes. But it might be late for more, I am still waiting for seeds to sprout. I already have more than 30 cukes growing but they are my second favorite vegetable.
Old June 12, 2015   #20
HydroExplorer
Tomatovillian™

Looks good. Excellent use of space.

I want to do that to my entire yard but my wife likes grass and shade.
HydroExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2015   #21
peebee
Tomatovillian™

That treated area that had the arch in the background got so overgrown and unruly that DH took that arch and we installed it right over a row of 4 tomatoes to serve as added support. I tied the tallest stems to the top and he put pvp pipes across the middle and bottom to keep the lower branches secure. Then I heavily pruned the bottom stems to air out the plants and they look much better.
I do not have another arch so the row across from that will have to fend for themselves. They are all close to 6 ft tall now and growing and growing. I have not used any additional fertilizer since they were small. I got 2 ripes ones today, a KBX and a Momotaro! First of the season.