Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 15, 2011   #121
feraltomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Suze and Tania. Hoping the Pineapple Pig button has hopefully been fixed and working soon, always seems to be one button that does not work, stupid humans, I mean computers

Everything is a work in progress so I appreciate thoughts and feedback.

Been too long since I have posted here. My limited online time got spread a little thin and some of my favorite sites got neglected

Red Queen was the working name for the new release variety Solar Flare. Info was sent wrong to website when I recently updated. This is the very first release of this variety so no seeds have been sent out as Red Queen.
Old November 15, 2011   #122
afrance30
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Brad. The new varieties look amazing, and I am sure they taste amazing too!

Pineapple Pig still didn't work for me (just tried it) but I'll keep checking.
afrance30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2011   #123
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Brad

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to growing 5 of your varieties in the spring. Hope they do well in my desert Southwest climate.
Old November 21, 2011   #124
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Brad,

Thank you! My seeds just arrived and I'm looking forward to trying out both 'Solar Flare' and 'AAA Sweet Solano'.

Folks, there is no incentive, other than passion, for growers such as Brad to continue hybridizing OP tomatoes, because, once they release a new variety which requires years of segregation it is available for any of us [commercial sellers] to sell. I hope any grower who wants to purchase any of Brad's varieties will order seeds directly from Brad's site, http://www.wildboarfarms.com/ and not from another CV seed source (such as myself). You will be getting seeds directly from the original source (and his service is excellent).

Having said that, Brad, I am looking forward to ripping off yet another of your great intros.

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2011   #125
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

I second what Steve says about WBF. I have never seen a harder working guy than Brad Gates (and his family).

I received my Solar Flare and Red Boar seeds on Saturday, and I can't believe he did the shipping for a grand total of ONE DOLLAR. There were TWO 44 cent stamps on the envelope - - so how does the guy make any money???

Brad, take a constructive suggestion and charge at least $3.00 shipping as most others who sell via this Site charge. You are not even covering your out-of-pocket costs of the envelope, stamps, etc. for a $1.00 shipping charge.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2011   #126
sicily
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the info Frogsleap. Interesting new fuzzy varieties. Ordered some today.
sicily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2011   #127
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewste View Post
I second what Steve says about WBF. I have never seen a harder working guy than Brad Gates (and his family).

I received my Solar Flare and Red Boar seeds on Saturday, and I can't believe he did the shipping for a grand total of ONE DOLLAR. There were TWO 44 cent stamps on the envelope - - so how does the guy make any money???

Brad, take a constructive suggestion and charge at least $3.00 shipping as most others who sell via this Site charge. You are not even covering your out-of-pocket costs of the envelope, stamps, etc. for a $1.00 shipping charge.

Raybo
Definately. $3 minimum shipping charges are still quite reasonable compared to many sites that are $6 or more. The time and materials to print out a packing list and shipping envelope, pull the seeds and everything else need to be covered as well.

I just ordered a half dozen of his new varieties to add to the ones I grew this year. Trimming down my grow list is going to be a problem next year.
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2011   #128
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

ordered Trenton Tiger, and Solar Flare, cant wait?
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2011   #129
feraltomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the good words, good advice and your purchase. The shipping costs are calculated and it has been a challenge trying to figure out what is fair, what paypal calculates and making the changes to the site. Thinking $3 minimum charge might be a good idea.
Old November 24, 2011   #130
ed50
Tomatovillian™

Hi Brad,

Thanks very much. My seeds arrived today in Belgium 9 days after ordering. I can't wait to try Solar Flare, AAA Sweet Solana and a few others. But I still have to wait till the end of February to put the seeds in the ground.
I wish you a lot of success with all your new breedings the next years.

Eddy
ed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2011   #131
afrance30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by feraltomatoes View Post
Thanks for the good words, good advice and your purchase. The shipping costs are calculated and it has been a challenge trying to figure out what is fair, what paypal calculates and making the changes to the site. Thinking $3 minimum charge might be a good idea.
I think $3 min. is fair.

I was finally able to order Pineapple Pig, can't wait to grow these new varieties!
afrance30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2011   #132
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

oh my. you guys are killing me. lol I ordered a few weeks back before the "new" varieties were put up.

I do love the names Brad gives his tomatoes, they are so unique, fun and whimsical ...to me at least Now I just have to grow some in 2012!
Old November 25, 2011   #133
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Lakelady i did order 2, Solar Flare and Trenton's Tiger, i think they have 15 seeds in each, I did post that i would share with anyone. I do not need 15 seeds, if may plants next summer are nice i use seeds from them.
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2011   #134
Granite26
Tomatovillian™

Got some seed ordered. Always fun to try out some new ones! Shipping scale must be sliding as mine was $4.50
Granite26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2011   #135
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Placed my order yesterday, just could not resist acquiring more tomatoes for my seed collection! It must be the tomato cabin fever...

EDITED TO ADD: Did anyone order SHERRY'S SWEET HEART? It is a bit odd to see a 'plain' pink heart tomato offered by Brad. I wonder what is in its parentage and what is special about this tomato?
No, I did not order it, as I was not sufficiently intrigued by the description and no history given

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote