Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old May 3, 2016   #151
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Ginny, I didn't think much of plain pink Brandywine either. I got one to give me about 20 fruit total, but flavor was kinda bland.
No Okra for me, DH doesn't like it that well, and it has a huge taproot that is hard to work with in an earthbox, so I am growing the french thin green bean types, and a parthenocarpic cucumber that has sweetness, fantastic crunch, no bitterness. Got 12 off it so far and it is going gangbusters. Can't find the seed packet anywhere to know what the variety's name is, but I know I got the seeds off the rack at Home Depot.
I need to make a big pot of sauce, my fridge is full of tomatoes my house/petsitter didn't know what to do with while I was on vacation for 11 days, and she took home a bunch, at my begging and pleading. Even so, there are several that just rotted on the vine, which kills me.
I will have a lot of time to solarize this year.

This is Mesa Verde National Park's Balcony House, we took a ranger guided tour through it, last Wed. It was the best birthday ever, right up until 4 pm when I got full blown food poisoning, which hit DH an hour later, so we both spent the afternoon and night in bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (81.1 KB, 52 views)
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2016   #152
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Marsha,

Mesa Verde looks awesome. I have always wanted to go there.

So sorry about the food poisoning. Yikes! That is no fun for sure.

No more cukes for me. Got more than we could eat and I woild rather have tomatoes or peppers in that spot. The plant was pretty though.

Ginny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2016   #153
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote