Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old September 8, 2006   #1
MsCowpea
Tomatovillian™

Default Michael Johnson's book recommendation

Michael, I went through your 23 pages of posts (whew!) and then mine to simply find the thread you started about a book (Organic Tomatoes-the Inside Story) so that I could bring it up again and tell you I got it from a buddy in England and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the recommendation. (never did find that post)

(PS-I'm even going to try the comfrey. )

"When we kill off the natural enemies of a pest we inherit their work."
Carl Huffaker
MsCowpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2006   #2
michael johnson
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Ms Cowpea, I often wondered what had happened after I sent you an e-mail asking if you managed to obtain it ok, then I never heard a thing for ages afterwards.

But- I am so glad that you did get one eventualy, and it makes very good reading- Have you made plans to build the greenhouse design outlined in the book as yet to catch all the available light from every angle, I have toyed with the idea a few times but its never got any further than the drawing board for me,mostly through lack of energy etc, but its the best design I have ever seen before-absolutly perfect for tomatoes.

What did you think to the phenominal root growth photos when grown in that special compost- quite frankly I have never seen anything like it before- absolutly amazing.

Liquid Comfrey feed- I tried it once and what a stink it produced-"phew" whilst making it, I made better use out of the "Hen dip" and "sheep dip " for feed for a while it gave good results, -seems to put lots of good bacteria back into the soil.
michael johnson is offline   Reply With Quote