Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old March 11, 2020   #1
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Default New LED Grow Light

I added a new 36 watt LED grow light that arrived today from Amazon, I like the fact it has a huge clamp opening that fits my tabletop. Here's a pic with the specs has anyone here used this before? I'm still using my 2 CFL's and now the new one. will the LED's perform well enough on there own, or did I waste 25.00 on them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9280002.jpg (130.4 KB, 169 views)
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2020   #2
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

I got one similar for my Nephew, no feedback yet.
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2020   #3
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Looks the same light only difference mine has a clamp at the base not the tripod, I like the adjust ability in light output and that each of the 3 wands allow you to put the light as close to your plants as needed and it will stay in place. The 4 - 8 or 12hr timer and the 4ft. cord that has the controller that allows you to change settings being part of the cord means you'll never lose it. Since this is my first LED light I need to research the red/blue lights are they really a color that the plants need?
Old March 11, 2020   #4
MuddyBuckets
Tomatovillian™

I have the same lamp as Jetstar with the heavy duty clamp and it has been good for the seedlings for the last 6 weeks. The arms, light intensity and color are adjustable so it is helpful for plants as they grow. The timer is a nice feature and can be overridden to a manual on/off.
MuddyBuckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2020   #5
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

MuddyBuckets, good to know its a decent grow light set up, you can never be sure when you try something new.
Old March 13, 2020   #6
Tonio
Tomatovillian™

I got one similar, and appears to work ok. Grow oat/cat grass Light distance should be about 12" ??

Also have another one that is white color, ful spectrum-screw in bulbs with heat sinks- it gets really hot.Similar to the piccy below.
Distance should be @ 8-12" ?? This mfr said don't use colored( red/ blue) leds' as they are detrimental to eating the plants?? What is that about?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lights.jpg (87.9 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by Tonio; March 13, 2020 at 05:59 PM.
Tonio is offline   Reply With Quote