Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 15, 2015   #166
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I haven't up dated in three days so will do so now.

Most recent problem is swollen feet with read warm areas above that, so am now on an antibiotic and Lasix, hoping that will help prevent possible cellulitise.

My local MD called again asking if I wanted her to do another home visit but we decided to wait and see what the antibiotic and Lasix might do.

it's been bitterly cold here with blowing snow and a low tonight about -18F with wind chills down to -30 to 40. Freda called me early this AM to tell me that her truck wouldn't start so she wouldn't be coming up today. So I first went to the master bathroom to be sure that my cat had water and kibble and found that both water bowls were empty. I then went out to the kitchen and filled her water bowl there and gave her her wet food, and that really tired me out but I made it back here to my bedroom and rested.

What to eat? Freda had packed some baked beans and potato salad and low fat cottage cheese in one of those small Coleman hampers and I had that for lunch and got it out for dinner as well, but wasn't all that cold so placed it where my cat could eat, and eat she did, not all, but lots. Also had some soup in a thermos Freda had left for me yesterday, it did stay warm until today and that was good, Progresso Barley and chicken in a clear broth.

Freda called late this afternoon and hoped to get up here tomorrow. By putting warm ashes under her truck she and her son Chris were able to get it going.

I did not want to try and get the Sunday paper which is put in a net bag hanging from a nail just outside my front door, just too risky. Usually someone who gets here first brings it in, but not today. If she finds it there tomorrow AM I hope she doesn't call the Sheriff's office and asks someone to check me out, but if she does it could be Todd, a Sheriff's Deputy who lives off the same road I do and I've known his wife Stacey for many years since she was the Occupational therapist who first worked with my nephew when he was born. And Tod has also been asked to keep an eye on my place as he drives by.

All for now,

Carolyn
Old February 16, 2015   #167
coronabarb
Tomatoville® Recipe Keeper

Worried about you and this cold and snow - and lack of food. Hoping Freda can get over there tomorrow and help you out.