Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 18, 2016   #16
tarolli
Tomatovillian™

I am considering these. Anyone have final reviews of them.
tarolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2016   #17
zeroma
Tomatovillian™

following this as that is the kind of tomato that I'd love to have for salads: one bit wonders in beautiful colors and shapes!!!!

z
zeroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2016   #18
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarolli View Post
I am considering these. Anyone have final reviews of them.
I grew them all last year. SunGreen caught some disease and died; I didn't care for it, anyway, wasn't sweet at all. Production was very high off the others. SunLemon was the most mediocre in flavor. SunPeach and SunChocola were the best-tasting, not amazing but fairly good. None of them were nearly as sweet as Sungold. Sunchocola showed a lot of stink bug damage. Overall, yield was excellent, but if you're looking for extreme sweetness like Sungold, I didn't see it.

I'm going to try Estertina F1 from Johnny's as my hybrid yellow cherry next year. Green Doctor's Frosted is a great gwr cherry if you like them sweet. Ambrosia Red is the sweetest red cherry I have had so far. Purple Bumblebee and the other Artisan cherries are all great as well.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2016   #19
tarolli
Tomatovillian™

Thank you so much. I grow the great Sun Gold, Sun Sugar, snow white, and black cherry. I also stock-piled seed of the wonderful Sweet Baby Girl, which has been discontinued because it takes 30 days to germinate and seed buyers get mad. I thought a little more variety would help my baskets. You have saved me disappointment. Thank you!
tarolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2016   #20
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Thank you so much. I grow the great Sun Gold, Sun Sugar, snow white, and black cherry. I also stock-piled seed of the wonderful Sweet Baby Girl, which has been discontinued because it takes 30 days to germinate and seed buyers get mad. I thought a little more variety would help my baskets. You have saved me disappointment. Thank you!
Sweet Baby Girl F1 (Park Seed) germ:
2013 - 5 days
2014 - 4 days
2015 - 4 days
2016 - replaced by Nectar F1
RJGlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2016   #21
TightenUp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:

I thought sunchocola blew away black cherry and chocolate cherry. I grew them all side by side in the same growing season.

on the other hand sun peach did not blow me away with flavor

Sun gold is always a fav

TightenUp is offline   Reply With Quote