Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old October 15, 2018   #2551
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

While I refuse to dive head first into a political discussion, I will say it isn't a new precedent to post photo's of or discuss firearms on Tomatoville in the proper forum. I may do so in the future if I feel the necessity to advance a discussion by doing so. I would never do it with the intent of insulting or antagonizing anyone. I wouldn't refrain from it in order to protect my politically correct credentials because I've never had any desire to be politically correct and I've told friends to just commit me if I ever exhibit any signs of political correctness. Peace and good will to all.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2018   #2552
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

https://youtu.be/OkbyFeeOuSw

Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2018   #2553
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

All the new guy does is look at his phone.
FullSizeR.jpg
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2018   #2554
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I dont intend to stir the pot and never have but I am of free will and expression something this world needs more of these days.
The occasional discussion on firearms has been around here since the beginning.
A pot stiring person is one that continues to hound me and send me nasty PM's when I have tried to be nice to them to no avail.
None of you even know me enough to even consider hate.

Once again I have offered peace, will I continue receive nothing but the sword in return?

Old October 18, 2018   #2555
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

I would feel pretty undergunned using an ungainly, high recoil pistol like that to assault anything except some nitwit's wallet! 4 cylinder dressed up as a muscle car, indeed.

Here are some random pics of some dirty dogs from the first day of duck last week. The got two retrieves each and were very proud showing them off when I got home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg firstdayduck01.jpg (357.6 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg firstdayduck02.jpg (316.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg firstdayduck03.jpg (242.8 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by JRinPA; October 18, 2018 at 10:55 AM.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2018   #2556
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

A broken mantis that got caught in the screen door jam. It was around for a few days on the carport roof and I figured it would happen eventually.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shame.jpg (319.7 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg shame2.jpg (186.8 KB, 100 views)
Old October 18, 2018   #2557
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Supposed to dip to 31F tonight so we picked most of what was left on the long season plants. I have to get the tomatillos also if I have a chance today. I have about 8 doz pints of pickled peppers already. The cream colored are antohi romani, which start cream but taste much better than green peppers. I may can these, but they will probably go as easy to make "unstuffed peppers". Basically the same ingredients and taste as stuffed peppers but in crockpot without the work of stuffing them. The okra will be the last for sure; I cut off the plants that didn't have seed pods drying. The habs will go for hotsauce with either pears or maybe I'll make hab/tomatillo hot sauce if I get the tomatillos inside in time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lastpicking.jpg (248.6 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by JRinPA; October 18, 2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old October 18, 2018   #2558
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinPA View Post
I would feel pretty undergunned using an ungainly, high recoil pistol like that to assault anything except some nitwit's wallet! 4 cylinder dressed up as a muscle car, indeed.

Here are some random pics of some dirty dogs from the first day of duck last week. The got two retrieves each and were very proud showing them off when I got home.

I love the dogs and the pond. You should print and frame one of dog photos and enlarge and print the pond photo and frame it. Don't enhance the photos with photoshop. They are beautiful as is.
Old October 18, 2018   #2559
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Great photos of your dogs JR... I agree that you should print them and frame them for your walls, they are very nice.
Old October 18, 2018   #2560
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinPA View Post
A broken mantis that got caught in the screen door jam. It was around for a few days on the carport roof and I figured it would happen eventually.

I've seen dogs with that look in their eyes. Normally, the dogs would be looking at the camera wondering what the person with the camera is doing. A duck hunting dog watches the sky for ducks waiting for the shot and watching for where the duck falls into the water and the signal to retrieve. Those two dogs are waiting to do their job.
Old October 19, 2018   #2561
imp
Tomatovillian™

Nice pictures of the dogs and the pond. Male dog first picture and female second one?
Old October 19, 2018   #2562
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

1st/Left The fat liver and white one with the liver patch on the face is my 6 yo spayed female. She has a coarser, curly coat and doesn't shed badly. She is a bit sticky on pheasants and hunts close so shots are easy. She has a lot of defender drive in her and will try to chase off people that come to the house, but is otherwise very eager to please and trained well. She will sit still and is good sitting in a blind right next to me.

2nd/right is my pride and joy, he is a 3 yr old lover boy. He watches the sky for birds better than any dog I have known, but gets whiny in a blind since he wants to HUNT!. They both have good genes but his pedigree is top notch. He has even stopped eating washclothes....I hope for good.

It is a beautiful spot. Beavers and river otters sometimes show. I believe it is an old ice pond, but it is filled with silt now. Three otters swam around that swamp for an hour the other year, but I couldn't get much on camera in the gloom. After those pics, the next day I hunted up there we got swooped on by an immature bald eagle. The blocks were right in front and I had them on a jerk string making ripples in the still water. About 10minutes into shooting time I kind of heard/felt something and ducked, and a huge bird came from behind about 6-8 foot over our heads, then pulled up and to the right when the "ducks" didn't flush.
Old October 19, 2018   #2563
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

I miss duck hunting, it's been a few years since I went. We would always blast and cast because usually by 8AM you had a limit then we'd fish since we were in the boat. Rice field hunting was easier in the afternoon, the ducks would come in right before dark to roost.

I made a trip to Crowley La this morning to set up for the Rice Festival. I took some back roads home and snapped a few bad pics of the fields getting flooded for crawfish season. I only saw one field completely drained, the rest still had the rice stalks after a harvest for the crawfish to eat. I also came across an old cemetery in the middle of all those rice fields(Ebenezer United Methodist Church) with flags on some graves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181019_091554.JPG (48.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 20181019_091758.JPG (73.6 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 20181019_091812.JPG (82.0 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 20181019_092347 (1).JPG (46.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 20181019_092424.JPG (49.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 20181019_091708.JPG (68.0 KB, 73 views)
Old October 19, 2018   #2564
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Rajun,

I had friends in most of the oil refineries in south Louisiana who often took me duck hunting in a private hunting club south of Gueydan. I can't remember the name of the club, but it was very close to the inter-coastal waterway.We would sit on the porch in the evening and the bayou would rise and fall as barges moved along the waterway.

The hunting lodge was a historic hotel of two or three stories. Each room in the lodge was named after a famous person or President who had slept in that room. I think I slept in the Kennedy room. The whole place was a combination of flooded rice fields and marsh. I think it was managed by a Cajun family named Abshire. They were great cooks and very good hunting guides. The lodge was on the bayou and each morning and evening, two guests would load into each boat and then be dropped off at hunting blinds.When a guest left for home, the ducks were given to the guest already plucked, cleaned, and packaged for the freezer when you got home. I've tried for many years to remember the name of the club, but haven't.It was always an enjoyable time

Last edited by DonDuck; October 19, 2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old October 19, 2018   #2565
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

My home defense, Tito.

He went on walkabout for 8 days, came back ravenous and smelling Iike a fish market sewer. Thankfully, unscathed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181019_172231-01.jpg (239.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181019_173207-01.jpg (237.4 KB, 56 views)
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote