Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 9, 2010   #46
DiggingDogFarm
Tomatovillian™

The shopping cart has now been down for 11 days in prime ordering time!!!

This along with the online yearbook issue and the begging for money in trying times is a poor reflection on the entire SSE organization!

~DiggingDog
DiggingDogFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2010   #47
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

I just tried it, and I had no problem. I was able to put seed packets in the cart, go to the cart to increase and/or delete items, and check out.

Maybe they heard you talking trash about 'em.
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2010   #48
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Which browser are you using that you can't use the checkout ??

I ask because about 2 years ago I had horrible problems with the SSE checkout and it turned out to be Firefox related. i don't remember what I did, but eventually it worked OK. I might have cleared the cache and all temp files and history and all that other stuff that I don't do often enough.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2010   #49
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

I was using Firefox just a bit ago, and have used it for several years.
Old January 9, 2010   #50
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

So have I.

But occasionally it seems to have a hic-up on a specific machine. It's possible that Digging Dog needs to clean up his machine and try again.

Or maybe it's something else altogether.

Besides, when the web site didn't work for me, it was no trouble to just call the order in. It's not like that isn't an option.

Carol
Old January 9, 2010   #51
DiggingDogFarm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueaussi View Post
Maybe they heard you talking trash about 'em.
Trash?

I'm not the only one who has complained.

~DiggingDog
Old January 9, 2010   #52
DiggingDogFarm
Tomatovillian™

People!!!

I tried with 2 different operating systems and 2 different browsers...as of earlier today the shopping cart was still down due to inventory. Please refer to previous posts!!!

If it's working now, that's good news!!!!

~DiggingDog
Old January 9, 2010   #53
DiggingDogFarm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
Besides, when the web site didn't work for me, it was no trouble to just call the order in. It's not like that isn't an option.
I'm deaf.
It's not an easy option for me.

~DiggingDog
Old January 9, 2010   #54
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinslair View Post
I realize that. What I was posting is that the PURCHASE portion was not working for me at that moment. There are a few things I realized I had omitted, or decided I wanted to try to squeeze in, and the regular online purchasing portion was not working either. I could "shop" but I could not check out.

That is all.

Tom
Now I get it.

Some of you are talking about the Public SSE catalog, not the online version of the Yearbook.

I hadn't realized that at first.
Old January 9, 2010   #55
DiggingDogFarm
Tomatovillian™

Please disregard all of my comments in this thread.
I should never have spoke up.
I think I was a bit too excited in anticipation of more online features that would have made things much easier for me.
It was a mistake to assume that others would or should feel the same frustration in it not working properly, even after several weeks.
I'm going to take a step back, maybe I'll rejoin next year if things are working better.

Please don't hold my comments in this thread against me!

Thanks!!

~DiggingDog
Old January 10, 2010   #56
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Digging Dog,

Please don't take this thread too personally. Obviously I didn't know you were deaf when I posted about using the phone. But how could I have known ?

Even tho I have no problems using the phone I do like using a web site if that is available. Yah it can be a PITB when the sites don't work right. I've been there with plenty of web sites. And with plenty of big companies that should have their own IT dept but don't seem to have a clue about the web.

I have been frustrated with the site working only sporadically. Personally i only got about 20 varieties listed before the yearbook closed for editing. I joined rather late and was too busy to do a whole lot more once the site started glitching out on me. I added a blurb in my personal info about the fact that i have a lot more varieties and to email me for a list. I don't know if that will help much tho.

i think that what happened is that basically the yearbook wasn't done and probably shouldn't have been put up as it was. We were the "beta" testers and now that the glitches have been found, they are trying to get things fixed.

As others have said, we will have the paper yearbook as usual, so what's the big deal. Yah i wish I could access the variety descriptions NOW, and online. But that was because I was using that stuff for my own web site updating and copy/paste works well for me. I don't type worth a good gosh darn.

Just hang in there and it will be worked out.

Don't forget that SSE is probably as upset if not more as we are, at the sales part of the site not working properly. I know that i'm a bit anxious about the fact that my sales are somewhat slower this year than they were last year at this time. And as far as I know my site is up and working.

Carol
Old January 10, 2010   #57
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggingDogFarm View Post
Trash?

I'm not the only one who has complained.

Sorry, I was just poking a little fun. I should have realized that you were too frustrated to make jokes about the situation.