Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 29, 2022   #1
dshreter
Tomatovillian™

Default Experience with Buffalosun?

The descriptions of Buffalosun from the various seed shops are appealing, and I’ve even grown it in my own garden once. The plant was healthy, long lasting, and pumped out very uniform attractive fruit.

I didn’t find the fruit very tasty though, however the season I grew it I had some issues with watering and fertilization that could have easily been to blame and I had other cultivars that didn’t turn out as expected too.

Before I grow it again, I’m curious if others have experience with this one and how you found the flavor. There are plenty of hybrids marketed as having great flavor, and some do, but many miss the mark. But I already know this is a great grower so I want to give it another shot if it’s deserved.
dshreter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2022   #2
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Hello Dsheter

I has been reading different descriptions of Buffalosun Tomatoes, finding that many states that it looks like an Heirloom Tomato, with 2 stating it was an F!. Many states that it's Texture is like a Strip German and Margold. To me it look very closely to a Hillbilly with more orange color than yellow like the Hillbilly.

I received over 20 different packs of Tomatoes seeds from the "White Family" to help save the Famous Tomato. I going to look an see it I have this Bufflalosun that sound to me like it's a Native Americans Name to try it out next year.

I have even found statements that it is late blight resistance.

The background of this tomato maybe a Hybrid that someone developed from Heirloom Tomatoes.

I have so many people sending me seeds, I am sure I saw this Name before.

I hope to get free to search today in my seed backup reserves, Amen.

But, if you did not find this tomato to taste good, it maybe a hybrid for sure, needing more time to develop. .
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2022   #3
dshreter
Tomatovillian™

Thank you MrsJustice.

Yes, it is definitely a hybrid which accounts for some of the excellent growing characteristics. I grow mostly OP varieties, but usually a few worthwhile hybrids alongside them.

It has surprisingly few regular person reviews or feedback for an AAS selection but perhaps it is relatively new.

https://all-americaselections.org/pr...to-buffalosun/
dshreter is offline   Reply With Quote