Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Old March 17, 2020   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default Back To The Garden

"We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion-year-old carbon
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden...."

(CSNY, "Woodstock")

Yep, the gut bug is gone and it's time to get back to business!

Today the new Mantis got its first run. It's been years since I had one and the modern model is just as handy to use and now comes with a kickstand so I don't have to look for a tree or fence to lean it against when it's not being used. It made short work of cultivating the two sides of Pea Bed #2 and the row where the scallions will get planted.

L to R: The turnip/onion bed, pea bed #1 and the bed with scallions on the edge where circles of popcorn will be planted down the middle in April.

The turnips are up. Trying to put a little stagger in the harvest, I planted just half a row on the 10th and will plant the other half next week.

I got Pea Bed #1 mulched except for a 4' length of skips that were resown on the 10th and not up yet.

In spring '18 I planted three sage plants all grown from generic seed. Like a lot of OP stuff, all three seedlings were different with one having prettier leaves than the others. Come fall I harvested and removed the two thin leafed ones and let the best one stay just to see if it would make it through the winter. Well, it's still there and today I saw a few flower buds starting!

It sure is good to feel like doing something again! Tomorrow I will resume the Jerusalem Artichoke bed project.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote