Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Closed Thread

Old April 20, 2015   #61
creister
Tomatovillian™

Glad I saw it. I thought most of us here were US or Canadian citizens, with some from other countries. So, most of us here are not German or Norse, maybe descended from them, but otherwise not. Also, I am not white. Paper is white. I am light brown. So I take offense at being called something other than plain old US citizen. I hope this fellow loses the hate in his heart someday, but until then, I will not be purchasing from him. Once again, thanks for the alert.
Old April 20, 2015   #62
Waiting
Tomatovillian™

Thank you, Mischka and heirloomtomaguy, for outing this person and his hatred for me solely because I am a white, middle-aged, American male.

I assume facebook pages can be edited, in the 10 months since his "too much beer" rant he hasn't done so and I must accept that it represents his true feelings.

Maybe he was influenced by an older brother.
Old April 20, 2015   #63
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting View Post
Thank you, Mischka and heirloomtomaguy, for outing this person and his hatred for me solely because I am a white, middle-aged, American male.

I assume facebook pages can be edited, in the 10 months since his "too much beer" rant he hasn't done so and I must accept that it represents his true feelings.

Maybe he was influenced by an older brother.

Indeed.
Old April 20, 2015   #64
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

I read this thread over the weekend and was so sick to my stomach by the vile hatred he was spewing out. I had to check out emotionally to get some clarity.

What a horrible misrepresentation of all the wonderful, kind-hearted, and giving folks here on TVille. Like Dutch said, this thread can be veiwed on the web and it needs to stay open so the dirty air gets cleared and people can discover for themselves what kind of human being this Phil is and what he represents. I personally would never buy from any company /vendor that spews such hatred and lies!!

On another note, I clicked on his fb pictures and can see he is friends on fb with another vendor (who is part of TVille and who has their seed company listed here) whom I like and respect, I am giving them the benefit, that they did not see or know about his hatefull rant spewed at TVillians. Hope they dont get mixed up with this guy.
Old April 21, 2015   #65
LindyAdele
Tomatovillian™

I am glad I saw this...I was thinking of ordering from him next year. Gargamel looked like such a prettty tomato! There seems to be a lot of hurt in him, and I wonder what caused him to rage against the people here at tomatoville? Nothing he said about us makes sense..I have only encountered kindness and support! Do you know many people send each other seeds, just out of kindness, or offer to grow out new varieties all the time? I eally hope he finds some peace somewhere.
Old April 21, 2015   #66
travis
Tomatovillian™

I don't see why so much attention is paid to this fellow. From what I've seen of him over the past several years he appears to be simply someone who likes to dress up in drag and play cowboys and Indians. No harm in that, really.

He got mad at me once, and wrote some stupid stuff on his blog because I named a tomato I developed "Buffalo Soldier." Called me a racist on two accounts. Something about Native Americans and African Americans. Fact is, I named the particularly heat tolerant and strong producing tomato in honor of a Bob Marley song.

Maybe the rage he expresses toward us white, middle aged men is caused by something that accidentally got stuffed in his peace pipe. Lots of potent medicine gets passed around at those Pow Wows, you know
Old April 21, 2015   #67
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I don't see why so much attention is paid to this fellow. From what I've seen of him over the past several years he appears to be simply someone who likes to dress up in drag and play cowboys and Indians. No harm in that, really.

He got mad at me once, and wrote some stupid stuff on his blog because I named a tomato I developed "Buffalo Soldier." Called me a racist on two accounts. Something about Native Americans and African Americans. Fact is, I named the particularly heat tolerant and strong producing tomato in honor of a Bob Marley song.

Maybe the rage he expresses toward us white, middle aged men is caused by something that accidentally got stuffed in his peace pipe. Lots of potent medicine gets passed around at those Pow Wows, you know
Yeah i stumbled across that forum. Lots of subtle hatred all throughout it. Its a shame really.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Old April 21, 2015   #68
Waiting
Tomatovillian™

If you read some of the documents on the Six Nations website you will find references to "colonialism" and specific grievances toward the government in Ottawa - one, that it is trying to eradicate their community (their reserve). Nothing overtly hate-filled like his diatribe, though.

I'm not saying that his attitude is being deliberately cultivated, but that it might be fertile ground in which to grow.
Old April 21, 2015   #69
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
If you read some of the documents on the Six Nations website you will find references to "colonialism" and specific grievances toward the government in Ottawa - one, that it is trying to eradicate their community (their reserve). Nothing overtly hate-filled like his diatribe, though.

I'm not saying that his attitude is being deliberately cultivated, but that it might be fertile ground in which to grow.
We all live on fertile ground to cultivate this sort of thing none of us are immune to it.
It is what we decide to do with our lives that matters and make us who we are.
Not our past and not anyone elses.

Now I am going to have a couple of beers and start hating the IRS.
Worth

Last edited by Worth1; April 21, 2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old April 21, 2015   #70
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
We all live on fertile ground to cultivate this sort of thing none of us are immune to it.
It is what we decide to do with our lives that matters and make us who we are.
Not our past and not anyone elses.

Worth
Well said.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Old April 21, 2015   #71
Waiting
Tomatovillian™

I wasn't trying to excuse his behavior. Hatred, resentment, and blaming others holds you back. Only by rejecting those things can you move forward. Seeing racism in every little thing, even in the naming of a tomato, is a festering disease that will consume you. Even a community or nation.
Old April 21, 2015   #72
TomNJ
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Worth
That's justifiable hatred!
Old April 21, 2015   #73
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I wasn't trying to excuse his behavior. Hatred, resentment, and blaming others holds you back. Only by rejecting those things can you move forward. Seeing racism in every little thing, even in the naming of a tomato, is a festering disease that will consume you. Even a community or nation.
This is what i was referring to more than the rest if his rants. Its hard not to see racism in this.
Attached Images
File Type: png img20150421_160738.png (113.9 KB, 453 views)
Old April 21, 2015   #74
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I had to go to school with this kind of idiotic stupidity.
It was a fist fight every day for almost 6 years.
Then one day I took a picture of my great grandmother to school.
They said this is your great grandmother.
I said yes.
They said why didn't you tell us.
I told them they didn't deserve it.

This was about 10 % of the Indians I went to school with.
The dropouts drunks and drug takers.
Every one of them ended up in prison or reform school.

Worth
Old April 22, 2015   #75
Rfdillon
Tomatovillian™

I'll be honest with you; I hate to see this thread title when I run across it. The world is full of idiots and haters; this guy is not worth having a thread here. Perhaps his name and website should be included in a list of those businesses which should be avoided. That would be preferable to giving him so much attention, which I'm sure he craves.
Closed Thread

Tags
"good mind seeds" , goodmindseeds