Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 9, 2006   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default Milka's Red Bulgarian - PL or RL?

I received seeds for this one it as a gift.

Is it supposed to be potato leaf or regular? (Need to know what to look for.) Is there anything else that I should know about this variety?

I seem to remember Carolyn mentioning somewhere that she never met a Bulgarian tomato she didn't like, so I figure it's worth a try!
Cecilia_MD7a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2006   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Cecilia,

Milka's Red Bulgarian is RL and no, there's nothing else you need to know about it other than the history, of which there isn't that much. It is indet and a large red.

I had permission from the originator to distribute seed in my most recent seed offer at GW, and did along with over 100 other varieties.

And I asked folks not to list it in the SSE Yearbook until I let them know it was OK, or it was listed, and I did list it in the 2006 SSE Yearbook.

The two newest large reds that I listed I really love. One is Russian Bogatyr, seeds from Andrey via Earl, and the other is Milka's Red Bulgarian.

I also have a large pink from Bulgaria from the same source as the Milka's Red but didn't have enough seeds to be able to list it in the SSE Yearbook. It too is quite good, but I don't think as good as the Milka's Red Bulgarian.

Carolyn
carolyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote