Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old March 8, 2016   #16
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

The information in the article “Integrated effect of Glomus mosseae and selected plant oils on the control of bacterial wilt” holds little value to the average home gardener. I had intended to write a summary up on the article, but spring has sprung and my outside chores (labors of love) are a higher priority.
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.

Last edited by Dutch; March 9, 2016 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Spring sprung
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2016   #17
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I will not sign onto "Academia.edu" for several reasons. "Academia.edu" is a for profit social media site. Please read the following article; Http://www.theatlantic.com/education...ishing/421047/

Also their domain name is deceptive. The following is from Wikipedia;
“Academia.edu is not a university or institution for higher learning and so under current standards it would not qualify for the ".edu" top-level domain. However, the domain name "Academia.edu" was registered in 1999, prior to the regulations requiring .edu domain names to be held solely by accredited post-secondary institutions. All .edu domain names registered prior to 2001 were grandfathered in, even if not an accredited post-secondary institution”. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academia.edu#Domain_name

Thanks Starlight, the article might very well be valid, but I will be reading my research from elsewhere.
Dutch
Oh my!!!!! Thanks so much for the warning Dutch. Whew! Glad I didn't fill out any thing on that sign in info page. Guess it is a good thing sometimes to have an old computer and programs. I, and probably like others, saw the edu and thought it was a credited university.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote