Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Old March 11, 2017   #1
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Default Carrots

I pulled up my first few carrots two days ago and was surprised to find some really nice ones about a foot long with a few even longer and most were well filled out. This warm winter and regular feedings have been great for carrots this year so far. It has also been fantastic for Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, spinach, and cauliflower. It has however been a terrible year for mustards and turnips due to the massive aphid population that weren't slowed down by this warmer than usual winter. I am hoping for a larger ladybug population this spring to help with the problem.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2017   #2
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

I planted some a bit late. The top is about 3" tall, maybe even shorter. In the same patch I have Cilantro, some lettuce transplants, Arugula , kale .. They will be gone by the time I plant beans.
Same goes for radishes and spinach.

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2017   #3
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I'm waiting until I see how my fight with the RKN goes before planting carrots. I'll wait and plant an overwintering crop.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote