Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old April 15, 2014   #31
epsilon
Tomatovillian™

It really is amazing the difference looks like several weeks in difference of plant growth.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2014   #32
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

That is incredible!
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2014   #33
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Yes that xtreme tea link is the correct tea i use. The hydroponic store i buy from is called house of hydroponics and is located in san dimas, california. They have a web page and a ebay store which you can link to from their webpage. The owners name is carl. If you get his number off the website and call him he is super knowledgeable and helpful. He will point you in the right direction for sure. He is the one who sold me on the compost tea and i havn't looked back since.
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2014   #34
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Xtreme Gardening has their sample kits available again this year. You just pay UPS shipping & Handling. Was $16.67 to my address.

Xtreme Gardening's Sample Care Package
Sample Kit includes:
2x 100g Mykos Bars
1x 2ct Xtreme Tea Brews
1x sample size Azos
1x sample size CalCarb
1x sample size Mykos WP
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2014   #35
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Thats a great deal for the cost of shipping and handling. I might just have to take them up on that offer.
Old April 18, 2014   #36
drew51
Tomatovillian™

Well the difference is extreme, but the plants on the right look underfed. I'm not saying your product doesn't work, but if one used fertilizer the traditional way, they would not look like the ones on the right. My plants which have never seen a foliar feeding look just as good or better than yours. All of yours (left or right) to me look like they have some deficiency.
My peppers have trace elements in the soil, but are not given any fertilizer. I'm trying to keep them small until they are transplanted into their final home. Notice the color difference.

drew51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2014   #37
drew51
Tomatovillian™

I was kinda harsh above. I should at least walk the walk and try the product. Lighting, type of pepper. Plus I'm not a pepper expert. Really just a beginner! But the visualness of the veins reminds me or problems in raspberries which I have been growing for a long time. If not a mineral deficiency, than possible a virus like tobacco mosaic virus.
Any plants pictured does not represent what said product is capable of.
I'm always looking for an edge, so I'm going to try the product myself. I have a number of the same varieties, well a few. I'm growing a lot of different peppers this year. Anyway I should be able to tell if the product is beneficial.
Old April 18, 2014   #38
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

All of the peppers pictured are carolina reaper plants with exception to the one in the upper left of the left tray. These plants grow looking hot. Anyone can grow jalepenos, habaneros, etc.... with good results in something as simple as miracle grow. Compared to other pepper varieties the foliage tends to have more pronounced veins on the leaves. Both sets of plants are potted in fox farm ocean forest with organics alive worm castings and extra perlite. All were started in rockwool and germinated within a few days of each other. The only difference is that the plants on the left have had the foliar spray. Your plants look to be many weeks ahead of mine in growth and obviously are so "tender" green because they are in the comfort of a greenhouse of some sort. My plants have been outside for a couple of weeks now in the elements. For not being a pepper expert you sure have a lot of expert criticism. Im just trying to show the difference of foliar spray to gardeners who have an interest in the subject.
Old April 26, 2014   #39
drew51
Tomatovillian™

None of my peppers are habeneros or jalepenos. I'm not growing them this year. My plants are in a cold frame.
My peppers are all different. Mostly Aji and chili
types I was just trying to help you, sorry it didn't work. Your peppers look sick. Yes, I'm new to peppers, but an extremely easy plant to grow. My 2nd year.
I have been growing plants for 41 years. I have plants that old still (no not peppers!) . Started them in the 70's.
Peppers I'm growing
Aji Amarillo Chili
Aji Crystal
Aji Lemon Drop
Aleppo
Black Pearl
Brazilian Starfish
Chinese Five Color
CONGO TRINIDAD
Criolla De Cocina
Fish
Guajillo
Leutschauer Paprika
Manzano
Malagueta
Medusa
NuMex Heritage 6-4
Peppadew
Pimenta de Neyde
Purple Flash
Santa Fe Grande
SCOTCH BONNET YELLOW
Trinidad Perfume
Uyababa
Venezuelan Tiger
Zimbabwe Birds eye

I also grow cacti, tropical trees, jasmine, black pepper, numerous tomatoes, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, blackberries, blueberries, june berries, honey berries, cherries, plums, dogwoods, currants, gooseberries, bamboo, clematis, Rhubarb, ground cherries, and elderberries.
One cactus I grew it for 30 years before it was big enough to flower. In comparison peppers are a piece of cake!

Last edited by drew51; April 26, 2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old April 26, 2014   #40
drew51
Tomatovillian™

I have noticed that sometimes new growth looks yellow, so I may be way off, anyway I agree that foliar feeding may be a good idea. I have samples myself now and will try them shortly. The veins though remind me so much of virus problems. Hope I'm wrong! Otherwise the plants look awesome and certainly benefitted for the foliar feedings. Looking though at the ingredients, it would be easy enough to make my own

Last edited by drew51; April 26, 2014 at 03:34 AM.
Old April 26, 2014   #41
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Hope the foliar feeding works for you if not your plants look great either way. Good luck.