Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old March 20, 2020   #1
Gardenboy
Tomatovillian™

Default Sun Chocola & Thessaloniki

Sun Chocola is my first year growing this variety. HUGE production and quarter size fruit. Ripens to dark brown. Green gel inside. Full of flavor and lots of seeds. Grows like a weed!

Thessaloniki is my new "red" favorite. Full of old fashioned tomato flavor. More acidic than sweet, which I like. Various sizes and production is very good for my climate. Did have some leaf curl when the temps were colder. Never cracks or no catfacing. Smooth round golf ball size fruit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200320_114515_9.jpg (72.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200320_114526_4.jpg (72.2 KB, 95 views)
Gardenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2020   #2
mecktom
Tomatovillian™

They look great, Douglas!
mecktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2020   #3
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenboy View Post
Sun Chocola is my first year growing this variety. HUGE production and quarter size fruit. Ripens to dark brown. Green gel inside. Full of flavor and lots of seeds. Grows like a weed!
I am really glad to hear you are impressed with SunChocola F1. Tokita does a really great job with their cherries, and imho, they are all excellent. I'll be starting my seeds in the next week or so and am excited to try Tokita's new SunCitron F1 (Osborne) and SunGeen 4029 F1 (Park). SG 4029 is 10g smaller than the old Sungreens (original, `improved' & 3014) so will finish faster, and has the highest Brix in the SG series.
RJGlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2020   #4
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

You might consider Sunorange (Osborne). A larger version of Sungold with minimal splitting. To me it has almost identical sweet, fruity, tangy taste.
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote