Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old January 23, 2009   #76
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default reply

Caroylyn, I got the wes from you which I can't think the age right now. One has come up out of 6. It is looking iffy. I will presoak and plant the rest. The others I got from you are doing great. THe other problem children are earl's Faux 0 out of 6, KBX (1 that has not gotten any bigger and probably will not make out of 4 seeds planted) , Cherokee Chocolate 0 out of 4. JD's special C tex 0 out of 3, Most I have gotten between 75% to 100% germination. The ones in jiffy green house have finally started comming up. I can't think of the others right now because I am (gasp) at work right now.
Kat
newatthiskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2009   #77
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default Reply

duajones-I am glad you were able to get germination. Have to let us know how it goes for you! Take really good care of that lone plant!

Moonglow-I am sure your honey needs more tomatoes mmore than grass. I hope your cold is somewhat better today

I am still trying to distract mine everytime he looks at the breakfastnook table.
Kat
Old January 23, 2009   #78
tomatoaddict

I have grown Goose Creek for 3 consecutive years and never had any germination problems. As most of you know I love this little tomato.
Last year I did two sowings of Piccolo from 2 different sources and none of them ever germinated. I usually have a very high success rate with germination. Had to order the seed this year and try it again. Sometimes it just happens like that.
Old January 25, 2009   #79
Moonglow
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by newatthiskat View Post

Moonglow-I am sure your honey needs more tomatoes mmore than grass. I hope your cold is somewhat better today

I am still trying to distract mine everytime he looks at the breakfastnook table.
Kat
Thanks, Kat. I'm better now though swamped with work of course. No work fairy to do my job while out sick for 2 days.

Breakfast nook...excellent placement for more seed trays.

Moonglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2009   #80
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default Reply

That is the good thing about my job, I come a dime a dozen.
I am about to fill it with 2 more seed starting trays. "Hey look over there Is that a hole in the wall??!!! Wait I think there is a stain in the carpet. What has happened to the tile?? Want your favorite meal??
Kat
Old January 30, 2009   #81
duajones
Tomatovillian™

I had given up on Summertime Improved but it finally germinated for me. Perhaps I gave up on it too early last fall. Another new to me variety that I am looking forward to
duajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2009   #82
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default reply

That is way cool about the germination duajones. I am not familiar with summertime improved at all. How long did it take total on the germination of that seed? Have to give a good report on it as well, as I am living vicariously though others .

I am hoping I did not murder my newest planted seeds. I was planting my pepper seeds (finally had the time) and some more tomato seeds for friends. I put the pepper seeds and half the tomato tray on a heating pad (Plain old one bought at a pharmacy and for bad back). I turned it either on high or medium and forgot about it. I went to bed. I think my husband unplugged it several hours later. I am lucky I did not burn down the house. I don't know if it automatically shuts off if it gets too hot or not. Anyway we will see. I just have never been able to germinate a pepper before and am trying to help in the pepper research and wanted to do a good job.
Kat
Old February 2, 2009   #83
duajones
Tomatovillian™

I would have to look at my notes but it was around 20 days or better
duajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2009   #84
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default Reply

I had 2 more JD's come up yesterday. These are from my original planting not the ones I tried to fry. Looks like I will definately get to try this one!!!
Kat

Last edited by newatthiskat; February 2, 2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: info
Old February 7, 2009   #85
Moonglow
Tomatovillian™

Do we have pictures yet?

Moonglow is offline   Reply With Quote