Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 7, 2007   #16
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
From SSE 2007 catalog

Kora: IA SSE HF - 88 days, 2" round red fruit on 3' dwarf potato leaf plant, prolific, from CV Dabin.

The other one isn't listed....

Lee
I've seen this mistake many times at SSE own listings. When they receive something from Eastern Europe (for example, from Poland) they sometimes mention not DTM, but DFG (days from germination) as we used to do for tomatoes, peppers and many other vegetables here in E.Europe. 88 days after germination is well-done for the dwarf varieties, but 88 days after transplant is an awful earliness for any dwarf tomato plants :wink:

Yes, Carolyn, you are right - anyone can buy many German varieties in Poland and we can buy many Polish varieties here in Belarus, for example :wink:

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2007   #17
barkeater
Tomatovillian™

Here is what Tanager says, which is exactly what I got:

KORA - Indeterminate - 68 days – Red – Potato Leaf. Four foot plants produce beautiful blemish free fruits of about four ounces. They taste GREAT even though they were just a normal round red fruit. This is a great early tomato. From Poland.

Only difference was they didn't taste GREAT
barkeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2007   #18
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Bark-My fruit was 2 oz and dtms were about 80 days. I grew it twice last year in the winter in the greenhouse and in the spring outside.
Old February 7, 2007   #19
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

80 days for 2 oz fruit? That fits in my "why bother" category!

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote