Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old April 23, 2013   #1
zeroma
Tomatovillian™

Default Help ID my seedlings with me please

I'm trying to identify my tomato seedlings in the tray of 50 that I dumped over unto the floor.

I know what I planted, just not where they ended up in the flat. Some I know are det. with rugose leaves, a few have potato leaves and most are regular indet. leaves.

I'd love it someone has a close up of the 3 leaf types together.

zeroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2013   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroma View Post
I'm trying to identify my tomato seedlings in the tray of 50 that I dumped over unto the floor.

I know what I planted, just not where they ended up in the flat. Some I know are det. with rugose leaves, a few have potato leaves and most are regular indet. leaves.

I'd love it someone has a close up of the 3 leaf types together.

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/t...539004321.html

Above is a FAQ from GW which shows RL and PL and as the article says, rugose is just a variation of RL with puckered kind of pleated leaves that are usually very dark green.

But if you have several varieties that are RL and same for PL and same for rugose, I can't see how that's going to help b'c you still won't know which variety is which asI see it. And yes, as the note at the bottom of that FAQ says, in a weak moment I did write the majority of that FAQ.

Carolyn
Old April 23, 2013   #3
lycomania
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, you are amazing.
lycomania is offline   Reply With Quote