Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 23, 2021   #16
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
Hi growers,

I recently started growing some Sudduth Brandywine i got from Tomatofest and the first few i've planted are all regular leaf.

I contacted them and they said they have had the same experience, that they get regular and potato leaf plants from Sudduth Brandywine seeds.

I just found it strange that they said this via email but they don't say on their listing that there are regular and potato leaf plants, they only mention potato leaf.

Have any experienced growers had the same result?
Also, is Tomatofest well regarded in this community?

Thanks.
BW Sudduth's is indeed supposed to be potato leaf. With that said, in 2013 I got some of that seed from TF and it had some RL plants too. Well me being me I grew a few out and segregated my choices into families, etc, etc, and stabilzed a couple lines. Fun, and I got some unexpected variations.

At some point, they certainly had a bee cross or mix up. It happens in this not so perfect of a world we live in, if you want the PINK, PL Sudduth's you can find it easily.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2021   #17
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
BW Sudduth's is indeed supposed to be potato leaf. With that said, in 2013 I got some of that seed from TF and it had some RL plants too. Well me being me I grew a few out and segregated my choices into families, etc, etc, and stabilzed a couple lines. Fun, and I got some unexpected variations.

At some point, they certainly had a bee cross or mix up. It happens in this not so perfect of a world we live in, if you want the PINK, PL Sudduth's you can find it easily.
So in other words still selling old seed they know has been incorrect since 2013? That’s Even better.
I’m not at all surprised personally but that’s all I have to say about tomatofest.
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2021   #18
Master Shake
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
So in other words still selling old seed they know has been incorrect since 2013? That’s Even better.
I’m not at all surprised personally but that’s all I have to say about tomatofest.
KarenO
You're not a fan it seems?

I do have some Pink Brandywine seeds from another more local vendor that are PL, so i'll just stick to those i guess.
Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote