Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 8, 2020   #31
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

KARMA Peach in my garden looked more like small to medium hearts! The later ones had a more pronounced heart shape. In the photo, the white label is 2.75" x 2.12"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KARMA Peach.jpg (251.1 KB, 120 views)
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2020   #32
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitat_gardener View Post
KARMA Peach in my garden looked more like small to medium hearts! The later ones had a more pronounced heart shape. In the photo, the white label is 2.75" x 2.12"
Hi, that doesn’t look correct for KARMA peach. Is your plant potato leaf? Where did you get your seed?
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2020   #33
seanm10660
Tomatovillian™

Since it has come up again, maybe I should report that I seemed to get off types from my two KARMA Peach plants last season as well, purchased from secret seed cartel.
I grew two, both potato leaf and similar plant habit to KARMA Pink (which was knock-my-socks-off fantastic, by the way!) Attatched photo shows, from left to right, KARMA Pink, small pink beefsteak "KARMA Peach", and small saladette light orange "KARMA Peach". Neither seemed to be at all bicolor. The orange one on the right is a bit underripe, so the actual ripe color is a very nice soft light orange, and these ones were actually quite delicious. They seem close to KARMA Apricot to me, but perhaps not the right color there either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2582.jpeg (81.4 KB, 92 views)
seanm10660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2020   #34
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

What a beautiful bowl of tomatoes, Karen! It's getting me antsy for spring again.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2020   #35
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanm10660 View Post
Since it has come up again, maybe I should report that I seemed to get off types from my two KARMA Peach plants last season as well, purchased from secret seed cartel.
I grew two, both potato leaf and similar plant habit to KARMA Pink (which was knock-my-socks-off fantastic, by the way!) Attatched photo shows, from left to right, KARMA Pink, small pink beefsteak "KARMA Peach", and small saladette light orange "KARMA Peach". Neither seemed to be at all bicolor. The orange one on the right is a bit underripe, so the actual ripe color is a very nice soft light orange, and these ones were actually quite delicious. They seem close to KARMA Apricot to me, but perhaps not the right color there either.
No, neither look like KARMA Peach to me. Please let SSC know. If you PM me your address, I'll send some seeds from my plants this year
KarenO
Old December 9, 2020   #36
tomatoaddict

Hi it's Terry from SSC. Sending you a pm
Old December 9, 2020   #37
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
Hi, that doesn’t look correct for KARMA peach. Is your plant potato leaf? Where did you get your seed?
KarenO
It was not fully ripe. My seed came from Marsha. I don't recall if it was PL.
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2020   #38
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitat_gardener View Post
It was not fully ripe. My seed came from Marsha. I don't recall if it was PL.
All of my released varieties are large potato leaf plants. KARMA peach is a small beefsteak shaped bicolour saladette. It's Hard to know from a photo of just one fruit but the shape is not what I would expect for KARMA Peach.
KARMA apricot is an oval bicolour cocktail so the shape is more in line with that, did you plant Apricot as well? Hopefully it tasted good regardless. If you plant again, KARMA Peach should be a large potato leaf plant with the mini beefsteak shaped saladette fruit as I described.
KarenO