Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Old May 19, 2012   #46
The Future
Tomatovillian™

Calabaza is a gem if you have a long enough season. Laughs at caterpillars and other leaf eaters with spiny leaves. Keeps pushing fruits out for...years. Sweet rich orange flesh good for pies, soups, stews, and just eaten on its own. No seasoning required.

The star on UDDD squash is just from import from a spreadsheet...no particular meaning.
Old May 20, 2012   #47
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Future View Post
Mercy. Makes 300 look like a starter kit. I also wonder, at 2705, what motivates you to get another variety?
The main motivation is preservation of a variety. I feel so much better when I have them in my collection, as some may disappear in several years (this happens a lot with some Russian commercial varieties, for example). I often request varieties from SSE Yearbook that are listed by one member for a number of years or by SSE itself.

I also like collecting and organizing seeds, I spend long hours doing that and I enjoy it so much.

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2012   #48
The Future
Tomatovillian™

Divine. Keep going what u r doing.