Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 16, 2019   #2971
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Bombogenesis is what the weathermen are calling what may be approaching in a few hours, here. All I have left in the garden is SunGold. I think they would crack with much less than the bombogenesis, so I'll be picking many today.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2019   #2972
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
Bombogenesis is what the weathermen are calling what may be approaching in a few hours, here. All I have left in the garden is SunGold. I think they would crack with much less than the bombogenesis, so I'll be picking many today.

The dreaded "weather bomb" ... I just saw it on the satellite images, as the weatherman explains our 'special weather statement' for Friday. It's got some very VERY intense rain in there, who gets the most is anybody's guess though at this point.

Hope you got your sungolds in! And a good roof overhead.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019   #2973
slugworth
Tomatovillian™

60mph winds expected this afternoon.
trees still have leaves,so that means downed trees and powerlines.
slugworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2019   #2974
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I have noticed this week that seasonal bugs are dying. It's that time of year.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2019   #2975
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Sunday night October 20th, there were 9 tornadoes nearby. How near? We could see two of them. Heavy winds ripped the front door open as it tore apart the door frame. It has messed with me some. I don't guess you ever get used to tornados. I was praying for those in the paths of the 9 tornados.
Old October 23, 2019   #2976
bower
Tomatovillian™

OMG Salt! You made me say a bunch of words that I can't write here! I'm glad they came no closer to you than they did.
Old October 23, 2019   #2977
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Whoa, Salt, that's too close!
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2019   #2978
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Just read this Salt.
Frightening.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2019   #2979
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

no tornados here.

it has been raining every day for about a week now, getting kinda tired of it.
had some killing frost. everything tender is done. rain, and snow showers today.
the weekend looks more promising. i still need to get the garlic in. saturday will be the day. temps are mostly in the 30s, and 40s. shivery, wet, and cold. bah.

keith
Old October 24, 2019   #2980
imp
Tomatovillian™

Just had a short but drenching sort of rain here, unexpected by the weather predictors, too. Supposed to arrived tomorrow late afternoon/evening. Chilly enough to want warm comfort foods and long sleeves and pants!

Weather has been a bit odd since Sunday when 9 tornadoes were dancing around Dallas in the afternoon. At least one was an F3.

Some idiot had a selfie taken with one of the bigger funnels behind her, turns out it was a bit of a distance yet, but tornadoes are tricky stuff. Worse yet, the other idiot who took the picture was her mother. Must have not liked that kid best after all. At least the girl was not standing in front of a mobile home wearing a fluffy and ratty pink bathrobe with huge curlers in her hair.

I can see it now...

Mother and couple of teens in the car, going some where, and they see the tornado coming, big ol' funnel too. Mom stops the car, right on the road, tells the girl to get out so she can get a picture. Boy starts to get out, but mom stops him saying "No, not you, your father still kinda likes you this week!". Tells girl to trot around here and there so the pictured will frame with the funnel behind her, all the while Mom is thinking "get lippy with me about your curfew after such a hard birth!".

WHOOSH!!!! Kid ends up in Kansas with a lot of short folk and one with a green skin disease, and another lady in a fairy outfit running around whacking things and people with a wand, muttering "This USED to work!" And the mayor of munchkin land asks for the girl's passport, which she doesn't have, so the flying monkeys take her to a deportation holding facility with a cranky lady warden who can't get ESPN on her crystal ball.

Last edited by imp; October 24, 2019 at 09:55 PM.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2019   #2981
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Just read this Salt.
Frightening.
Yes it bothered me. I was worried about those in the tornados path. For those who don't know about tornados - the are like a sudden hurricane that came out of nowhere.

However, those living in Tornado Ally knows it can happen at any time all throughout the year.
Old October 25, 2019   #2982
matereater
Tomatovillian™

Salt, glad to hear you're safe !

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
matereater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019   #2983
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Came home let Smokey out.
Smokey comes back in after a few minutes.
Was waiting at the door to come back in.
Smokey at food bowl as we speak.
Cold and windy today.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2019   #2984
imp
Tomatovillian™

Still raining and it is a COLD rain. Winds up now and then and the low temps dropping below or at freezing the 10 days or so, predicted. Fall is over here, LOL, moving into the wintery weather.

Should run some errands, but just do not want to be out in this weather. Ms. Piggs, the catlet, is spending a lot of her napping time on the comforter on the bed, she rumples it around and makes a "kitty cup" to suit herself and snuggles in there. She's gotten as much of a winter coat as she ever does and is still pretty slick.
Old October 28, 2019   #2985
bower
Tomatovillian™

Cold here and drizzly/showery for days. 30's and 40's, and the greenhouse only got to 54 F today from the few rays of sun. I got moosed again big time this morning - and yeah, tis the season not to mess with moosin. Happy couple came to dine and dally, another male turned up and got chased away by Calico Romeo here. They pretty much stripped what shrubs had any leaves left, Missus spent a long time chewing up my rosebush of all things!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sheswithme2078.jpg (162.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg romeo-howl220x8.jpg (139.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg romeocalico2828.jpg (138.7 KB, 26 views)