Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 16, 2019   #1
GrowingCoastal
Tomatovillian™

Default Garden pics 2019 Tomatoes plus

I take pictures all year long but don't find time to get them ready for posting. Lots of time now with rainy weather hitting us in earnest this time of year.
I enjoy seeing the images of other gardeners' efforts and hope you like these.

This year I grew 20 tomato plants in containers.
I kept six dwarfs. This was Apr 12th in a south facing protected area under a tarp.

Two new to me varieties shared by members of T'vl. They did well and were off to a good start July5th

Brad's Atomic Grape was fun and tasty (if you like all sweet). Sometimes strange looking depending on the light.

This is the first time I have grown a multiflora tomato. Interesting and made me think of fractals in the almost never ending continuation of the same patterns. A bit late but the last ones that I hung for a while ripened nicely and made a nice dark addition to the last sauces.

While waiting for tomatoes to grow and ripen there is time to observe who is in the garden. Bees like all the alliums I have ever grown.

Hummingbirds, as well as bees love the elephant garlic blossoms.

The fragrant parsley blooms are a hit.

I once had occasion to google the usefulness of flies and learned that they are the number 2 pollinator, after bees!

July 12th, lots of fruit set nicely on the dwarfs

WooHoo! I see colour! I put a fruit bag around the tomatoes as a rat deterrent. There were none this year but I took no chances with the low hanging fruit after last year.

Someone's watching me.
GrowingCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote