Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 9, 2010   #1
KLorentz
Tomatovillian™

Default Replanting Progress

Well after the CATastrophe that caused me to loose most of my seedlings I have a bunch of seeds replanted. And joining the crew and already up and growing are Rosalita,Campari , OSU Blue and Uncle Charlies Italian Giant Paste. I managed to save a few seedling of Summer Cider and Michigan State but they are struggling. Also saved one lone Cowlick which looks good at this point and one Guido. Another dilemma is that some seedlings look great but all the tags are missing!! So I have no blasted idea what they are So the only thing I can do is grow them as unknown heirlooms and just enjoy the maters or pitch them.I am saving seeds after all.

Anyway I will have most seeds replanted by the end of the day. My Indian Stripe and Spudakee replacement seeds are on the way and Cowlicks will be replanted today.Anyway should only be about week or so late putting out most of my maters Depending on how fast they grow.

Kevin
KLorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2010   #2
matereater
Tomatovillian™

Kevin, is the Campari a hybird? I see those at Costco all the time and others here have said for 'store bought' they have decent flavor.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
matereater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2010   #3
KLorentz
Tomatovillian™

Ya know nobody has ever told me if it is. I am assuming it is an OP cuz seeds are being saved but I am not taking that as gospel. I am wondering if maybe Carolyn might know. As to flavor I think it does indeed have better flavor than the average store tomato. What I want to do is see if it is even better in the garden. My sister loves these but personally do not see what the hoo ha is about it. So I mainly got the seeds to grow for my sister.

Kevin
KLorentz is offline   Reply With Quote