Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old March 13, 2007   #1
kateland3
Tomatovillian™

Default help! chilly (sic) peppers!

hi all, i was out of town last week, and my husband thought he would be helpful by putting my tomatoes and peppers out in the driveway to sun themselves. the problems are that he put them out at 7 (!) in the morning, when the temperature was about 30 (!) degrees, and they had not been previously outside. i have NO idea what he was thinking...

anyway, the tomatoes look like they're recovering well, but the peppers....... well, the peppers have definitely seen better days. this happened 2 days last week, and they're back inside under lights now. can they be saved? does anyone have any similar experiences??

thanks!
katie
kateland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2007   #2
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

The peppers will tell you if they can recover. Rather than lights, if you have a warm day, may be best to get them out into the sun in warmth and see what happens. If they perk back up, you are fine - if they remain limp and decompose..there's your answer.
Old March 13, 2007   #3
NCTIM
Tomatovillian™

Hi Katie,
I don't know of "fix" for your peppers. I believe you are doing all that there is to be done. I would think new growth is you best hope, so don't give up on them if they're still alive.

If they don't come back for you I stay in Fayetteville and if you're headed this way I'd be more than happy to share.

PM me for a list of what I have if your interested.

Tim
Old March 13, 2007   #4
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

katie, I have plenty of peppers started as well (actually, Lee will be babysitting them while I am back in Rhode Island for a week or so). Plenty as in plenty to share!
Old March 15, 2007   #5
kateland3
Tomatovillian™

thanks, guys, i have them outside today, warm and partly cloudy, so it should be perfect. i'm hoping that at least half will make it! i'll keep you posted.

katie
kateland3 is offline   Reply With Quote