Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MidWest Tomato Fest™ event information and discussion forum.

Old August 2, 2011   #1
piegirl
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Default Midwest Tomato Fest 2011

THE LOCATION IS NEIGHBORS PARK - 30TH AND D STREETS. SORRY ABOUT THAT!
The Midwest Tomato Fest will be held Sunday August 21 at Neighbors Park in Lincoln, NE. Time is 1:30 to 3:30 pm. The park is about 3 blocks from our old location (now a tool shed for parks & rec). We look forward to see ing old friends and meeting new friends - many of us have few tomatoes. I know I will have 1-3 varieties rather than 12-15. Bring a palate cleanser to share with the group - cukes, celery, carrots, bread, chips/dips - whatever you wish to bring. If we don't have a lot of tomatoes, we just talk more tomato and eat snacks!Please let us know if you are coming and I can send directions - pretty easy to find. Look forward to seeing everyone. Piegirl

Last edited by piegirl; August 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: location
Old August 3, 2011   #2
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

My tomatoes are beginning to really come on. We have a countertop full and more ripening every day. I hope I don't hit the "lull" just as we are meeting. Nontheless, we will be there if nothing else than to have some pie and renew friendships.
Old August 13, 2011   #3
Cornflower
Tomatovillian™

Yay Tomato Fest!

I've been getting a steady trickle of tomatoes for a week now, so with any luck I'll have some to share at the event.
Old August 14, 2011   #4
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

As with most years, my big harvest is from the last week in July to the second week of August and right now I am in the "lull" period. Maybe by next week there will be a few ripe ones to bring. See you all there. Thanks for the work Piegirl.
Old August 16, 2011   #5
johnbro2
Tomatovillian™

Default Neighbors Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by piegirl View Post
The Midwest Tomato Fest will be held Sunday August 21 at Neighbors Park in Lincoln, NE. Time is 1:30 to 3:30 pm. The park is about 3 blocks from our old location (now a tool shed for parks & rec). We look forward to see ing old friends and meeting new friends - many of us have few tomatoes. I know I will have 1-3 varieties rather than 12-15. Bring a palate cleanser to share with the group - cukes, celery, carrots, bread, chips/dips - whatever you wish to bring. If we don't have a lot of tomatoes, we just talk more tomato and eat snacks!Please let us know if you are coming and I can send directions - pretty easy to find. Look forward to seeing everyone. Piegirl
Neighbors Park is at 30th and D street