Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Old July 16, 2006   #46
Reign
Tomatovillian™

I had never heard of cucumber water until the latest issue of Bon Appetit showed up. We tried the cucumber-watermelon water today ( watermelon cubes and cuke slices in water and chilled for 5 hours). It will definitely make our summer party list. I'm going to try it again using white tea instead of plain water.
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2006   #47
angelique
Tomatovillian™

Hi Reign,

I just saw that recipe in Bon Appetit. DH and I usually go to Border's (bookstore) on Sunday evenings. I usually buy a cookie and a cup of coffee there while I am "previewing" the latest cooking and fashion mags. I really need to renew my Sunset, Martha, Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines. I need to stagger my subscriptions so that they don't all "disappear" at once.

Many people that make Cuke "water" also use a juicer. Cukes, watermelon and cantelopes juices (undiluted) are often mixed together. This mix is fab, but be wary of the quantity that you drink... I have know people to "accidentally" drink an entire large watermelon in juice form. My understanding is watermelon juice REALLY cleans out your system.

Angelique
angelique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2006   #48
Reign
Tomatovillian™

Okay...so we're not weird. We're to unpredictable to have a standing date for the bookstore. But it is one of our favorite mini date places. We wander and run into each other every so often. Make up stories about the various people we see there trying to hook-up. I read the first and last chapters of novels. Drives him crazy when I buy one after reading the beginning and end.

Hmm...good point. No tea while using watermelon juice. Tea is heavy on the kidneys. Watermelon can be taxing on the system.

You're married. Subscription roulette is easy for you. One expires around Christmas stocking stuffer time. Another near birthday and yet another near anniversary. I get present plus "I renewed your subscription to...."
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2006   #49
angelique
Tomatovillian™

Hi All,

I bought "Greek" cucumber seeds from Sandhill Preservation. The description online doesn't say at what size to pick them and I cannot find the package. Any info this variety would be great.

Thanks.

Angelique
angelique is offline   Reply With Quote