Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 5, 2015   #16
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Ray-I am using an Ez also for fertigation for my garden and landscaping too. Makes it easy. I did put some Tone on because we had so much rain for 6 weeks, I didn't need to water at all. I am using General Hydroponics, started with MaxiGro, switched to MaxiBloom. They both have micros.
Old July 5, 2015   #17
matereater
Tomatovillian™

Love your picks Ray, everything looks near perfect !

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
matereater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2015   #18
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by amideutch View Post
Is this done all the time or do you it intermittently?

Ami
Ami,

I have the EZ-Flo in series with the AWS feed-system so it is always connected. I do replenish the fertilizer in it only once per week, but with 6 to 7 gallons of water constantly in each EarthTainer reservoir, this sort of "buffers" the injection of fertilizer without shocking the plant.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2015   #19
Kikaida
Tomatovillian™

Raybo, you're such an inspiration!
Old July 5, 2015   #20
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayR View Post
Raybo, what are you using for Calcium?
RayR,

The Calcium is made by Grow-More 19.6-0-0. I bought it from a commercial supplier in Watsonville, CA who caters to the local strawberry industry there.

Raybo
Old July 6, 2015   #21
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

Maybe the best yet. I'm thinking your drought out there might have been helpful for lower disease pressure this year? Super impressive as always. Just when I thought you'd improved it as much as it could be, you prove me wrong! You rock!

Dewayne Mater
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2015   #22
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Hey Dewayne,

Thanks for the compliments, but most of what I have implemented has been learned from other TV members here.

The California drought has had positives, and negatives. The good news to date has been no Russet Mite / Aphid infections, and very few White Flies in the area. Just hope it continues.

I've been following your challenges on the Texas related Threads. You sure had a lot of rain issues there this Season. Hopefully, next year it may all balance out.

Raybo

Last edited by rnewste; July 6, 2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old July 6, 2015   #23
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

It was an amazing month of May. Virtually constant rain. Tough for foliar disease, but, other than lots of pruning and lots of spraying, the rain was a great thing. 2015 is my most productive tomato year ever! In fact I've got some production still happening (not much, we're hot now) but a good 2-3 weeks worth of ripening large fruit, and cherries don't appear to be stopping this year. I also removed my most diseased and least productive plants and put out fall tomatoes this weekend.

We were at the lake this last weekend and the lake had gone from 25 feet low to full all in May! It was an amazing sight to see. I'm sure the rains will come in California eventually. Hopefully, the Californians will see this drought like so many Texans did. This is something that happens and in large and growing states, we just have to conserve water on an individual basis. We have gone a long way in that regard with mandatory watering restrictions set by cities. That said, we have a ways to go and from what I read in the media, Cali is far less willing to restrict water usage. I've sited Raybo's earthtainer as an argument that individuals can make a difference in water conservation on several occasions. With admiration,

Dewayne Mater
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2015   #24
ricman
Tomatovillian™

Great looking garden Raybo. I have always liked your earthtainers and built 2 of them myself a couple of years ago. They have always done well for me.

Rick
ricman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2015   #25
Bipetual
Tomatovillian™

Just envy-inspiring. You are doing a miraculous job!
Bipetual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2015   #26
CharlesM
Tomatovillian™

Beautiful stuff in the photos in this thread.
CharlesM is offline   Reply With Quote