Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 25, 2013   #9
kath
Tomatovillian™

Default Zluta Kytice

Seeds were from Carolyn's 2013 seed offer and produced this healthy multiflora type that sprouts from everywhere on the vines, branches and all places in-between! Staking/pruning to a single vine? Ah, it thinks not.

Ok, am I the only one who winds up disappointed that most of the flowers on multiflora varieties don't set fruit or do others actually get boatloads of tomatoes from these things? Photo 1 shows the whole flowery plant, pic 2 shows the ripening fruit, pic 3 shows how much fruit actually set, pic 4 shows how much fruit set on Sungold, the plant next to this one; pics 5 & 6 show comparison of its fruit to Sungold F1. See what I mean?

I do like that it's a petite fruit that doesn't seem to be splitting, although there have only been 3 so far that have begun to turn. The first ripe one in the photos that I ate today was a bit sweet but strangely it had no noticeable flavor at all. I'm hoping that will change because I'd love to add a cute little yellow cherry to my keeper collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2487.jpg (539.2 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg zk.jpg (581.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg z.k.jpg (526.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg sungold.jpg (544.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2741.jpg (521.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2743.jpg (212.5 KB, 85 views)
kath is offline   Reply With Quote