Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Old December 16, 2011   #46
seab3196
Tomatovillian™

Wendy I think it would be the same. About 20 years ago I started in the pick-your-own blackberry business. I asked a friend of mine that had a huge huge pick-your-own Muucadine , grape business. I'm talking about up well into the 6 figures a year. I asked him if he did cash only. He said he took cash, check, anything. Here's what he told me and he was right. That people that drive out to farms and buy or gather their own fruits and vegetables, were not the kind of people that would steal or cheet. He said he had taken thousands of personal checks and had never got a bad one.
I got 1 bad check,, they had made a mistake in their check book but came back and took care of it.
Old December 16, 2011   #47
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Mind you i have heard of one example here where "pick-your-own" wasn't so good,i know this couple who grew raspberries which they advertised as pick-your-own for $?? per kg,but unfortunately they had small number of people from a certain particular ethnic community arrive 8 -10 people to a van,what they did then was they ate heaps and walked out after only buying a small amount.

Medbury Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote