Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old August 10, 2017   #31
PhilaGardener
Tomatovillian™

Just beautiful! and delicious too, I am sure!
PhilaGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2017   #32
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Acme is one of my best tomatoes. Very good taste, high yield from July to now. I got the seeds from Container Ted. When I was looking for Tatiana's TOMATObase, there was only: Acme de Giorgi (Offered commercially by the De Giorgi Brothers Seed Company of Council Bluffs, Iowa, who was in business in the early 1900s and contemporaries of the AW Livingston Seed Company. , De Giorgi tomato seems to be different from Livingston's Acme.). Red tomato, I would say that my Acme is rather black. Can anyone advise me where to include this tomato?
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1434 1.jpg (190.6 KB, 475 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1438.jpg (247.1 KB, 476 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1751.jpg (355.3 KB, 480 views)

Last edited by MrBig46; September 26, 2017 at 03:25 AM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2017   #33
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

First time looking at this thread. Vladimir your pictures are stunning.
I have several tiny seedlings of Ludmilla's (Thank you Karen) and now I just can't wait to try it. Ludmilla's PH is the Mother of KarenO 's True North PL hearts, which are nearing stability, one is a bi color, so I think that will interest you. She will announce when they are stable to release seeds.
Karen is a brilliant woman who thinks about the end result she wants when doing breeding, nothing is random, except how they segregate, lol. I am so glad you are interested in the Karmas, the KARMA pink will be at F7 in January if all goes well here in Florida. She might just be making her debut, we'll see.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2017   #34
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
Acme is one of my best tomatoes. Very good taste, high yield from July to now. I got the seeds from Container Ted. When I was looking for Tatiana's TOMATObase, there was only: Acme de Giorgi (Offered commercially by the De Giorgi Brothers Seed Company of Council Bluffs, Iowa, who was in business in the early 1900s and contemporaries of the AW Livingston Seed Company. , De Giorgi tomato seems to be different from Livingston's Acme.). Red tomato, I would say that my Acme is rather black. Can anyone advise me where to include this tomato?
Vladimír
Ted describes this tomato as "Crimson". Perhaps he will see this thread and respond.
Old September 26, 2017   #35
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
I have several tiny seedlings of Ludmilla's (Thank you Karen) and now I just can't wait to try it. Ludmilla's PH is the Mother of KarenO 's True North PL hearts, which are nearing stability, one is a bi color, so I think that will interest you. She will announce when they are stable to release seeds.
Karen is a brilliant woman who thinks about the end result she wants when doing breeding, nothing is random, except how they segregate, lol. I am so glad you are interested in the Karmas, the KARMA pink will be at F7 in January if all goes well here in Florida. She might just be making her debut, we'll see.
Marsha got seeds from Karen, who got her seeds from me who offered it in several seed offers here, and I got it from Reinhard Kraft in Germany, and Reinhard got 3 Ludmilla's from Ludmilla herself and note there are two other Ludmilla's as well and I really like the red plum one but not so much the yellow one.

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/L...27s_Pink_Heart

Summary? these seeds have been on quite a trip through many hands, and I'm glad I could at least contribute to the Karma project although I'm not part of it.

Carolyn
Old September 27, 2017   #36
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Yes, tomatoes of Karen likes me very much, and it will be my pleasure to try them in my garden sometimes.
Vladimír
Old October 1, 2017   #37
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

I have a volunteer grape/cherry growing on the stuff that I dug out of the compost hole.
It kept fruiting like crazy until August. Then I just neglected it. Now it is flowering like multiflora.
I had to water it the other day. I might give it some ferts too. I will sure save seeds for next season.
There goes my unknown multiflora.

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1, 2017   #38
HudsonValley
Tomatovillian™

I had an off-type from an MMMM packet of Brandywine, Sudduth's that produced a 9-foot-tall RL plant bearing small (1-2 oz.) pink fruit. I wish I knew what they were; they're delicious! (It was just one seed that produced the off-type; the rest were as expected. Incidentally, Brandywine's flavor just isn't my thing...)
HudsonValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2, 2017   #39
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

My seed source was Sandhill. One of the descriptions I found called the color "....a deep purplish red color". That might explain some folks getting a darker coloring. And it may vary depending on the grower's environmental factors.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019   #40
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Just one photo of big hearts for eye pleasure.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1815.jpg (135.8 KB, 314 views)
Old August 26, 2019   #41
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
Just one photo of big hearts for eye pleasure.
Vladimír
That is a beautiful photo Vladimir!
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019   #42
tryno12
Tomatovillian™

Did I read correctly that the Karma(Karen/Marsha Tomato) was initially a Ludmilla's??
Pete
tryno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019   #43
Shrinkrap
Tomatovillian™

Beautiful !
Shrinkrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019   #44
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryno12 View Post
Did I read correctly that the Karma(Karen/Marsha Tomato) was initially a Ludmilla's??
Pete
No.
The KARMAs are a line potato leaf cocktail cherries that resulted from my cross of ambrosia gold x Captain Lucky

Ludmilla pink heart x captain Lucky was my cross that resulted in my midnight sun, Polaris, true colours and Taiga. This group of tomatoes has been my first and my solo project.
I used Ludmillas pink heart because it is very early for a large tomato and has a beautiful smooth shape. Sweet flavour.
KarenO

Last edited by KarenO; August 26, 2019 at 09:53 AM.
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2019   #45
tryno12
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Karen, I do have Karma Purple, Captain Lucky, and Karma Pink growing now therefore my interest - You cleared it up. I do not have the multi floral of the Karma's though.
Pete
tryno12 is offline   Reply With Quote