Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 7, 2017   #436
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp View Post
You are a good person. I can only hope that things get moving along for the repairs and such and that it turns out well for ya'll. My offer still stands and I also have Amazon Prime if there is something you need.
Thanks Imp, I appreciate that!

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2017   #437
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Rock, I am glad you took the time to get some normal back in your
Life. It can sure make a difference in our psyche.

If the stores would just put reasonable limits on consumables after disasters they could make sure food was available to those that needed it. Sounds like that lady was still in freak out mode and felt a freezer full of meat would make her safe. Everyone reacts differently when disaster hits. Some use reason and some flop around for some time. Around here some never recovered from the mental trauma.

A couple of days ago I saw a friend who I hadn't seen since the tornado. He was interviewed several times on the Weather Channel in the early coverage on Joplin. I almost didn't recognize John. I asked how he was doing and he said "not good". Said his stomach was messed up, he was drinking a lot and had been unable to find work. Like many, the storm really rocked his world and he has been unable to regroup and get his life together. He said he is trying to get disability but had been turned down 4 times by the powers that decide such matters and he had 3 doctors on his side. John is a good guy, but has irrational thinking at times and unable to function.

Anyway, I am glad to hear you and your husband are making progress. One day at a time working toward the solutions is a good game plan.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2017   #438
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Steve, it was nice getting out for the evening at one of our regular restaurants that was closed for damage and only opened back up on Tuesday for service. It was sure busy in there, much busier than usual.

Sorry to hear about your friend and I hope he can get some kind of normal back in his life.

Internet, cable and cell phone have been out all day until about 1/2 hour ago. Strange, my cell phone said it was October 31, 1999 and it was 10:09 PM when I finally got some signal. I had to reset the date and time because it won't connect with the automatic time/date update setting.

~Margaret Atwood~

Old September 7, 2017   #439
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

You oughta party like it 1999.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2017   #440
nancyruhl
Tomatovillian™

Hee, hee.
That is just freaky.
nancyruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2017   #441
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

LOL!

~Margaret Atwood~

Old September 8, 2017   #442
PhilaGardener
Tomatovillian™

Y2K finally catches up!

Sounds like a server lost power and didn't have a good back-up battery to maintain time for when its power was restored. It is going to take a long time to clean up the mess. Pace yourself, stay safe and good luck!
PhilaGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2017   #443
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Dang neighbor is at it again. I swear I might just buy his house to get him out of the neighborhood.

So, with this hurricane, we have no fences right? Yeah, right, and now we have a chopped to the shortest roots of grass we can get on the entire front yard, our entire side yard and half of my backyard. Not to mention hubby had already mowed the front yard and sprayed both the front and backyard, with the Cutter we had our neighbor pick up in San Antonio the other day. This guy has not a clue about how to be a good neighbor at all.

Move please Move please, no "GET OUT NOW" no please about it.

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; September 8, 2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old September 8, 2017   #444
GrowingCoastal
Tomatovillian™

I wonder if your neighbour is fuming over your lack of gratitude.
GrowingCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2017   #445
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingCoastal View Post
I wonder if your neighbour is fuming over your lack of gratitude.

Is that a joke? Not funny, why should I have gratitude that my neighbor continually infringes on my personal property and does as he pleases? Even though he has been told numerous times to stay off my property!

Why should I have gratitude that when he does that he has just undone all the work we have done to bring our lawn back to grass, and not weeds, like his yard happens to be, because he chops it to the lowest root he can find? Huh? You tell me why I should be happy and have gratitude that now my yard will be nothing but sticker burrs and many other unwanted weeds because my jack ★★★ neighbor thinks it's okay to chop my grass to the root? Every single year we have to start over getting grass in our yard again all because this neighbor decides he is going to chop it.

Take it back right now. I don't need gratitude. I need a neighbor who can stay on his own lot and leave mine alone! It will now take us another year to get our grass back. Now I am really mad at you GrowingCoastal.

I'm going to add to this just so you understand just what it is like living next door to this nightmare.

How would you like your trashcan stolen from your house by your neighbor because his is now broken and he can't seem to find a telephone to call the trash company and have a new one delivered? After the third time he did that we now have our address painted on ours.

How about their nasty dirty diapers thrown in your yard because they are too lazy to pick up what they couldn't get into their trash can that they happen to leave in front of my house on a daily basis?

How about their teenage son who is out there causing fights in the neighborhood because he thinks he owns it, just as his father thinks he owns my yard?

How about the culdesac being so filled with cars for their parties that they completely block my driveway and we can't get either one of our trucks out of the driveway. None of the other neighbors can park in front of their houses either, they can't even get to their driveways.

How about the fact that when he mows his yard he moves all of his cars into the open driveways of all neighbors that are not home? That's right, all six of them!

Oh, and I almost forgot all of his hurricane trash is now in my front yard because that's where he put it. Yeah, that's right all of his broken down fence is in my yard. Thrown all willy nilly and my husband had to go out there and straighten it out so he could mow what grass was still available to mow. We no longer have any room to add the rest of our broken down fence in front because our neighbors garbage is in our yard. Why is it not in his yard?

I'll just keep adding as my memory kicks in. I saw tire tracks in my front yard numerous times and couldn't figure out what that was. Kept asking my husband if he was driving in the yard and of course he said no. Then one day I arrive home from going to big town and see the neighbor with his son and his daughters putting a car in his backyard. Yep, right through my yard because they were too lazy to move their vehicles to take a car down the side of their house. So, all those times I saw the tracks in my yard, were because they were driving through my driveway, and directly across and through my front yard to get to their side gate. I've seen him drive through his other neighbors yard too. So have other neighbors.

Do you now get what it is like living next to this guy? It's a nightmare and I am quite tired of it. Gratitude? Right!!! I'm grateful he's got a for sale sign in his yard. He couldn't move soon enough and I am not the only one who wants him out.

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; September 9, 2017 at 12:40 AM.
Old September 9, 2017   #446
GrowingCoastal
Tomatovillian™

One of my neighbours has a neighbour on the other side who got so fed up that he called the police one day over what he saw as an infringement on his property. I could site a few examples of bad behaviour from my neighbour but fortunately, we don't have the sort of weather that blows the chain link fence between us away so it could be worse.

It only seemed natural that such an inconsiderate neighbour as yours would likely see himself as a good guy, as does my neighbour, no matter what others think of his actions. A nasty quirk of nature too commonly found among us.
GrowingCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2017   #447
Lasairfion
Tomatovillian™

Default Pics, cos it happened.

There are very strict rules in the UK about garden property rights, even down to the one where if you trim an overhanging tree you have to give them back the cuttings, otherwise it's theft.

I don't know your laws, but with a neighbour like yours, I'm pretty sure you could get the local police involved and file a number of complaints for theft, trespass, damage and the like.

Take lots of photos every time he does something, compile them all together and submit them. Also perhaps get written/signed testimony and photos from other neighbours when he affects them. Submit the whole lot at once, once the hurricane relief effort is done with.
Lasairfion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2017   #448
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

I've called the police 5 times on him, he doesn't care. I have pics of each infringement. The police don't seem to care. I want him out of my neighborhood, sooner than later.

~Margaret Atwood~

Old September 9, 2017   #449
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Go to civil court and have your ducks in a row.
I know these people well they are hard to deal with.
To do so you cannot go in the gutter with them, you cant fight them on your own grounds of emotion.
You have to take them to a level they have not been before and force them to stay there.
The first thing you need to do is put up no trespassing and warning signs.
Next is you need to file complaints not call the police.
This way it is on record.
You need to file charges not call the police.
You need records of everything.
Take pictures recordings and video.
Do NOT break the law in retaliation it will bite you in the butt.
If you do call the police record what they tell you.
Set up a video camera so it can record what is going on while you are gone.
If you have everything you need you wont have to buy the house you can end up owning it.
Next heap coals.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...HAhqjwbhaQ18Vw

Yes the above is an explanation from the bible.
It is not meant to be a religious discussion.
To me the whole New testament is a lesson on how to live my life and that is it nothing else.

Mean people are mean because they want to see your reaction and suffering.
This is how they get pleasure.
If your reaction is not what they expect it befuddles them.
It is not what they expect.

I have countless stories from my life how I have turned the tables on people by doing the unexpected.
Including walking right into the barrel of a loaded shotgun and daring the guy to pull the trigger.
All I said was my suffering will end and his will begin the minute he pulled the trigger.
He gave the shotgun to me and sat down.
The guy was going to shoot his brother.
That man was a good friend and had problems he came back from Vietnam with a steel plate in his head.

Many of us in trying times seem to revert back to emotional thought.
We cannot run our life through emotion and instinct.
Trust me I have done it many times and not one time did anything good come out of it, not once.
You can beat your enemy but you have to be better.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2017   #450
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingCoastal View Post
One of my neighbours has a neighbour on the other side who got so fed up that he called the police one day over what he saw as an infringement on his property. I could site a few examples of bad behaviour from my neighbour but fortunately, we don't have the sort of weather that blows the chain link fence between us away so it could be worse.

It only seemed natural that such an inconsiderate neighbour as yours would likely see himself as a good guy, as does my neighbour, no matter what others think of his actions. A nasty quirk of nature too commonly found among us.
Thanks for explaining yourself. It helps. I was so mad at you, lol.

~Margaret Atwood~