Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 25, 2017   #106
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Tormato, I'll send in my tomato seeds sometime this week.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2017   #107
sdambr
Tomatovillian™

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but return postage for small parcel has now gone up to $3.

"There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle."
Albert Einstein
sdambr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2017   #108
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

This year was pretty strange for many of us, but I know we can come up with some interesting items for Gary to muse over. I have just one wish that is not mysterious, so I'll post it here ; Mat Su Express.

My neighbor, who is not too interested in gardening for himself, went on a fishing vacation in Wasilla and actually met AKmark after a short 50 mile detour. He drove back to Nebraska sans the coveted seeds (beating fists on desk). He did return home in time to sample some fine tomatoes so all is good.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2017   #109
Hollylasue
Tomatovillian™

I know it's early but my garden was total crap this year so if I participate ill need a sponsor. The only plants I got anything from were dwarf project containers.�� My highly anticipated golden cherokee didn't even bloom. I did get 3 mat su so all was not lost.
Hollylasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2017   #110
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

What is the F1 bulk purchase you're having for this year?

Nan
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2017   #111
MissS
Tomatovillian™

There is a very nice list of F1 Hybrids available this year through the swap.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=45571

This is what's available (10 seeds to a pack)...

Big Beef F1 '17 51 packs
Big Brandy F1 '17 51 packs
Brandy Boy F1 '17 46 packs
Chef's Choice Orange F1 '17 51 packs
Genuwine F1 '17 51 packs
Sun Gold F1 '15 42 packs
SunSugar F1 '16 45 packs

Seeds cannot be sold, here at T'ville. So, there is a suggested donation of

$1 for 1 pack
$3 for 4 packs
$5 for all 7

Donations go towards next years hybrid purchases.

A nice variety that has had some very good reviews from T'ville members.
Old September 29, 2017   #112
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

If I send in 20 packets of one variety, say, a pink heart, can it be counted as 10 for the Pink catory and 10 for the Heart category?

Nan
Old October 1, 2017   #113
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Was all set to send in when a relatively rare tomato (put in 2 months late) decided to ripen two small bagged fruits. So I'll be on time but not as early.
Nan
Old October 1, 2017   #114
guruofgardens
Tomatovillian™

Tormato - are there any tomato varieties that you DO NOT want sent in for the MMMMSwap?
guruofgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2, 2017   #115
MichelleInWASt
Tomatovillian™

Default Sponsor requests?

In which of the various MMMM-related threads should we newbies post asking if anyone might be up for sponsoring us? And what info should we include? (I'm afraid I'm still a bit confused about how closely - - or not - - a sponsor needs to match up with their "sponsee" in terms of categories.)

Thank you to everyone participating, and most especially to Tormato, of course! What an amazing project!
MichelleInWASt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2, 2017   #116
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Guru- Yellow Pear is banned from the swap. Also, Tormato say he has all the Black Cherry he needs for this year.

Michelle- This is the thread to let it be known you want a sponsor. Look for replies to your request in this thread and/or in your Personal Message inbox. If you have categories you wish to receive, mention them, but the more flexible you can be, the easier it is for someone to sponsor you. At some point, you and your sponsor will be sending Private Messages where you'll give them your name & address, and make arrangements such as how to pay postage, sending your wish list, etc.

Nan
Old October 2, 2017   #117
MichelleInWASt
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Guru- Yellow Pear is banned from the swap. Also, Tormato say he has all the Black Cherry he needs for this year.

Michelle- This is the thread to let it be known you want a sponsor. Look for replies to your request in this thread and/or in your Personal Message inbox. If you have categories you wish to receive, mention them, but the more flexible you can be, the easier it is for someone to sponsor you. At some point, you and your sponsor will be sending Private Messages where you'll give them your name & address, and make arrangements such as how to pay postage, sending your wish list, etc.

Nan
Thank you!
Old October 2, 2017   #118
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruofgardens View Post
Tormato - are there any tomato varieties that you DO NOT want sent in for the MMMMSwap?
For 2017 MMMM, I'll say no.

There are varieties like Cherokee Purple, Black Cherry, Rutgers, Roma, Green Zebra, etc...etc... that I can get loads and loads of. But some of those, which I have too much of to distribute, are now getting to be about 5 years old. So, everything should be refreshed, I suppose.

And, if people want to send in bulk packs of any varieties, while I may or may not be able to bag them all up for 2017, I should have plenty of time for the 2018 swap.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2, 2017   #119
MichelleInWASt
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
And, if people want to send in bulk packs of any varieties, while I may or may not be able to bag them all up for 2017, I should have plenty of time for the 2018 swap.
I'd be more than happy to volunteer to do some divvying-up and bagging, too, if there are folks sending big enough quantities to make it worth mailing 'em twice. (e.g., not worth mailing twice for me to just divvy up 100 into 10 packs of 10, but well worth mailing twice if I can save you the time of divvying up 2000 into 200 packs of 10...)
Old October 2, 2017   #120
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

One package from Germany today (wondering if they are OP or hybrids?).

PMs are at 1,000. But, I need a day or two of rest before clearing them out.

It was "The Fair", again. The heat (92 degrees, no clouds, lots of pavement), the people (171,000+ on one Saturday), and of course the food (if you can call fair food, food), that did me in.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote