Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 4, 2016   #31
tash11
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
All of my stuff is lodge or wagoner.
The old stuff has a ring on the bottom and I still use it.
I set the pan on the stove and turn it on about 30 minutes or less before I use it.
This would be on about medium low.
When the pan is too hot to grab the hand it is ready.

Worth
I can all the time. I just have to put the heat on high and keep the lid on or it won't boil at all. I don't fiddle with the temps, I do stir certain things a lot, mostly veggies/stir fry type things. I like to stay near the stove when it's on because I have three kids, the youngest is 3. They don't mess with the pots much, but when they get hungry the younger two will put their bowls up right on a hot burner and think nothing of it. It worries me to just leave a hot pan on the stove for an hour plus. All of their stuff is plastic so it won't break if they drop it, but it will melt.

This is my lodge cast iron griddle:

I only used the flat side and put the textured side down in our old apt when I had a gas stove (it goes over two burners). I don't like cooking with gas (it stinks!), but I did like using the griddle. When we moved I put it in storage thinking I might use it on the grill some day.

Worth please remember the story about the vegetable or something. It sounds great. Was it some kind of root veggie? Asparagus? Squash?
tash11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2016   #32
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tash11 View Post
I can all the time. I just have to put the heat on high and keep the lid on or it won't boil at all. I don't fiddle with the temps, I do stir certain things a lot, mostly veggies/stir fry type things. I like to stay near the stove when it's on because I have three kids, the youngest is 3. They don't mess with the pots much, but when they get hungry the younger two will put their bowls up right on a hot burner and think nothing of it. It worries me to just leave a hot pan on the stove for an hour plus. All of their stuff is plastic so it won't break if they drop it, but it will melt.

This is my lodge cast iron griddle:

I only used the flat side and put the textured side down in our old apt when I had a gas stove (it goes over two burners). I don't like cooking with gas (it stinks!), but I did like using the griddle. When we moved I put it in storage thinking I might use it on the grill some day.

Worth please remember the story about the vegetable or something. It sounds great. Was it some kind of root veggie? Asparagus? Squash?
You have to be careful with little children in the house.
I had a cat that would drag stuff off the counter to get your attention.
He also flushed the toilet just so he could watch the water go around.

I have the smaller lodge just like yours I use both sides on the stove with no ill effect.
My problem with it is you have to keep sopping up the grease if you are cooking bacon.
For the life of me I cant remember what it was that guy asked about.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote