Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 25, 2017   #16
gorbelly
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew51 View Post
Reports I have seen say it doesn't do that well unless you have heat. An example as stated on the "You Grow Girl" blog, link that was just posted. One report doesn't make it true though. I have seen other too.
Keep in mind she's gardening in Toronto, so "heat" is relative.
gorbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017   #17
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorbelly View Post
Keep in mind she's gardening in Toronto, so "heat" is relative.
Yeah! That means that it would probably do well for me!

Hurry up and taste it Drew. I'm dying to hear what you think of it

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017   #18
imp
Tomatovillian™

Drew, I am excited to read as to how it does for you. The plants look great and happy.

Like Carolyn, everytime I read about Lisa from Amishland, I tend to cringe a bit since sh likes to....enhance things, but there are others that I saw you mention who will be reliable, I'm sure. My cringing comes from a couple transactions long ago with Lisa, where none of the seeds were as they should have been, so she makes me feel wary, LOL.

But, that is just me and as I said - things look so good and waiting to see how pretty and tasty yours turn out to be!
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017   #19
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew51 View Post
Right but I won't condemn Tim, or Diane over the actions of others, just not in me to do so. Even if they are friends.
It was Tim who offered it to Seed Savers. Lisa didn't breed it Tim did. I'm sure he is very proud of it, and he should be.
I wasn't trying to actually condemn anyone.Corrrect,Lisa didn't breed it she just said she had been asked to stabilize that cross.

What happened when Tim offered it to SSE, that interests me a lot since I know of others who directly sent sees and no thanks,nothing.

One that I remember so very well was

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/G...Red_Strawberry

Marjorie had sent seeds directly, nothing happned so she asked me if she could send me seeds and then list it after my seed production,which I did.

Marjorie also sent me seeds for Orange Strawberry

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Orange_Strawberry

But some wonderful person though that Orange Strawberry was an orange version of German Red Strawberry and renamed it German Orange Strawberry,sad to say and last I checked some places were still selling seeds for German Orange Strawberry..

Carolyn