Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old January 30, 2017   #16
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

A thing of beauty, he's got skills with a shovel there! keep 'em coming.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2017   #17
MissS
Tomatovillian™

You are off to another great start! I loved looking at your garden pictures last year and am looking forward to seeing them again this year. Which were your favorite micros?

My daughter too has always disliked tomatoes. I would still have her do the annual taste test with me so that she would get a few bites in. Last year she really shocked me when I was talking about my grow list and she asked me to grow more of those amazing pink tomatoes. I asked which ones and she said that all of them were delicious and juicy.... Go figure...
Old January 30, 2017   #18
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Curiousity demands that I ask if you have a full time job elsewhere, I think you said you did,but I forgot to remember.

Carolyn
Old January 30, 2017   #19
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Love that setup! Best of luck in 2017!

How many tomato plants do you grow?
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2017   #20
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
You are off to another great start! I loved looking at your garden pictures last year and am looking forward to seeing them again this year. Which were your favorite micros?

My daughter too has always disliked tomatoes. I would still have her do the annual taste test with me so that she would get a few bites in. Last year she really shocked me when I was talking about my grow list and she asked me to grow more of those amazing pink tomatoes. I asked which ones and she said that all of them were delicious and juicy.... Go figure...
I like dfollets mmf micro as well as one i have been working on for a while thats almost stable. I hope someday my son says a timato is delicious but as of now i doybt that will happen.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2017   #21
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Curiousity demands that I ask if you have a full time job elsewhere, I think you said you did,but I forgot to remember.

Carolyn
Yes Carolyn i do have a full time job at a local water utility. Most weeks i work around 45 hours but there are the heavy weeks i work 65+ every now and then. Im also on 24 hour call every 6 weeks for a week. I have my garden setup down pat. The first year of this system how ever was an endless learning curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
Love that setup! Best of luck in 2017!

How many tomato plants do you grow?
I usually grow anywhere between 80 and 150 plants. With the micros last year i had well over 200 but this year im toning it back a touch. At least thats what i keep telling myself.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Old January 31, 2017   #22
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
I usually grow anywhere between 80 and 150 plants. With the micros last year i had well over 200 but this year im toning it back a touch. At least thats what i keep telling myself.
i could always handle over 100 plants and while awfully bountiful, I could find homes and uses for all the tomato plants. This year I learned what having a truly productive season is and it's almost to much. I never knew before just how much work it would be if I had a real season!
As usual your garden looks gorgeous, and so are your kids.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2017   #23
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
i could always handle over 100 plants and while awfully bountiful, I could find homes and uses for all the tomato plants. This year I learned what having a truly productive season is and it's almost to much. I never knew before just how much work it would be if I had a real season!
As usual your garden looks gorgeous, and so are your kids.
Thank you Marsha i know exactly what you mean. I used to shoot for 200 or more plants but with the pruning method i used last year and my DE/Spinosad schedule i produce way more with 100 plants under control.
Old February 2, 2017   #24
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Potted up 37 Pepper seedlings tonight. Its going to be another HOT season. They may be little now but soon enough they will be nasty. There is a few sweets and bells in the mix though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170201_210428-1328x747.jpg (409.4 KB, 156 views)
Old February 5, 2017   #25
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Gettin' close to transplant time. Just waiting on a storm to pass and it is on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170204_155927-1328x747.jpg (317.6 KB, 136 views)
Old February 6, 2017   #26
jpop
Tomatovillian™

Healthy looking transplants HTG.
jpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2017   #27
Bio-Ag-Guy
Tomatovillian™

Can't wait to see what it looks like in a couple months. Very cool.
Bio-Ag-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2017   #28
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Jpop and Bio-Ag-Guy. The first round of seedlings should be hitting the soil this weekend.
Old February 7, 2017   #29
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

There is something about variegated tomato foliage that i just cant get enough of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170207_192607-768x1365.jpg (200.5 KB, 110 views)
Old February 8, 2017   #30
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Moonlit Mile? It has all 4 colors too.Here's my reminder that you were going to send me a few, haha. Please pm with your addy, and I will get an SASE to you right away. Love that one.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote